Ruger Mark series or 1911-22 style?

jhc77

Looking to get a new plinker so I can retire my early Ruger Mark I(A-100 frame). Never owned a 1911 style before and figured I can tinker with that until I get a real 1911. Familiar with the Mark series already so I'm on the fence.

JHC77, if you decide to part with that MKl, please let me know. I keep thinking I'll run up on one in a yard sale, or a real-estate auction, but nothing so far. I may have something you'd like to have in a trade...or, a straight cash deal would work for me.

JHC77, if you decide to part with that MKl, please let me know. I keep thinking I'll run up on one in a yard sale, or a real-estate auction, but nothing so far. I may have something you'd like to have in a trade...or, a straight cash deal would work for me.

Being from my late father, it's definitely staying around. Thanks for the interest. 

Is either of the MKllls the "Hunter" model? if so, what do you think of it? Is the fiber optic front sight too crude for accuracy? Will it dine on any ammo, like I hear so many saying the others will? If the creeks don't rise, I hope to find and own the MKlll Hunter, with the stainless fluted barrel, stainless frame, and fiber optic front site. Where did you get yours, and what might a budget minded ole cuss expect to have to pay to get one of these? There must be some "lightly" used ones around for a good price... someone on here said Bud's has them for $509. can't wait to shoot one.

Yes, one is a Mark III Hunter. I got mine from Whittaker's 4 or 5 years ago.  If I remember, it paid about $440, so $509 with the times doesn't seem ridiculous.  I put the Volquartsen accurizing kit in mine and it has a very nice trigger.  The only issue I had was some stovepipes.  From what I read, it was fairly common on these guns and the fix was to file a rounded edge on the magazine lips.  I did it without issue and it has worked pretty well flawlessly since then.  I would definitely recommend one to anyone.  

With that said, I probably still take my Sig 1911-22 as often as my Mark III.  It is accurate, eats anything, and in general is cheap.  In fact, kygunco has the Olive Drab version on sale for $354 with free shipping.  That is a pretty good deal if anyone is interested in one.

Edited by Hozzie
  • 8 months later...

Problem solved. Met a well respected member today and gladly handed over my lunch money. He couldn't have been a nicer man.

Moth ball (actually silicon cloth) the old and in with the Mark III 22/45 Talo Edition, NIB. 

imagejpg1_zps905dfef3.jpg