Man Leaves Gun Behind on Disney Ride

http://news.yahoo.com/disney-world-patron-finds-gun-ride-204422359.html

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) — A Walt Disney World patron on a ride with her grandson found a loaded gun on her seat.

Officials said Wednesday that the woman found the pistol on the Dinosaur ride at Animal Kingdom. The woman gave the loaded weapon to a park attendant, who then contacted her manager and authorities.

The owner of the gun, Angelo Lista, told authorities that he discovered his firearm was missing several minutes after leaving the ride. He has a concealed weapons permit.

Man, with this new holster I don’t even notice my gun is there… Hey wait a minute!!!

• Like 4
Guest TankerHC

Been there a lot of times, most recently 5 or 6 months ago for a week. They dont check for CCW's. About the only thing they check is bags. We stayed in Shades of Green. If your Military and take the first bus from Shades, you dont even get checked, you dont even have to go through he turnstiles. They let you in an hour early and take military personnel (Active and Retired) around the side through a gate next to the Ticket Sales building. You only have to go through turnstiles if you leave the park and come back in later.

When we left and came back in on some days, the people doing the checking at the turnstiles were very professional, no emptying pockets, taking shoes off or anything like that. Just checking bags and pocketbooks. And they arent aholes about it, they ask "Can we check your bags" and I didnt see anyone say no. They took all of 30 seconds per person.

IMHO, it is pure negligence to lose your carry gun.

I've never been to Disney World...I'd sort of like to go sometime but there are plenty of other things I want to do that are more important to me.

"leaving my gun behind" is something I've always been a bit concerned about...I've tried to make it a habit that before I leave a rest room or anyplace that I've been sitting in or just "in" for a while that I do a quick "check" to make sure it's still there.

I agree that it is negligence to lose your carry gun...at the same time, I doubt any of us are totally immune from having it happen to them!

I agree that it is negligence to lose your carry gun...at the same time, I doubt any of us are totally immune from having it happen to them!

I know I'm not immune either, but if it ever happens to me...it'll be out of 100% pure undeniable negligence on my part. I will deserve whatever penalty I get for it.

Guest TankerHC

To quote Illion from the responses to the article. "This is one of the guys who makes the rest of us gun owners look stupid"