Bittersweet day... I bid goodbye to my PF-9

Guest Aces&8s

Guest Aces&8s

It was the first handgun I ever purchased, and was a great little pistol...  never gave me any issues aside from one ammo related failure.  But, I stopped carrying it in favor of my wife's LCR, which I just love.  So, I decided to sell the PF-9 and put the money toward a Ruger of my very own.  But you know what they say about best laid plans.  The guy I sold it to was looking for something small and light, but packs more of a punch than a .380, so he is tickled to get the KT, but when I told him I was looking to get a .38 revolver, he offered to do a little horsetrading.  Which is when he made me the proverbial "offer I couldn't refuse," and how I wound up with this:

[url=http://s282.photobucket.com/user/gtv_photos/media/IMG_20130528_193644_zps34e305b9.jpg.html]IMG_20130528_193644_zps34e305b9.jpg[/URL]

[url=http://s282.photobucket.com/user/gtv_photos/media/IMG_20130528_193708_zps1b58e3ec.jpg.html]IMG_20130528_193708_zps1b58e3ec.jpg[/URL]

A S&W Model 60-9 in .357 Magnum.  He bought it new in 1996, and it has probably less than 100 rounds through it... he just didn't want it.  Granted, I like the LCR's trigger a lot more, but this Smith is one sweet little piece.  It shoots great, and the added heft makes the .357 Magnums manageable (not fun, mind you).  Happy day!!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Aces&8s

OMG, did you trade even? That is one hell of a handgun. No MIM parts, no lock, and the uncle mikes banana grips.

No, no...  sorry, I didn't mean to give that impression.  I did throw in a little boot to make it more fair to him (I am not out to screw anyone, even when they do not really know what it is they have).  But I certainly came out really well on this deal, no doubt about that.

Guest Aces&8s

You sold the FIRST HANDGUN you bought , crazy man , where is the love ?

My problem is my "wants" column exceeds my "can realistically afford to buy" column.

Seriously, though, I am in the process of cutting back on the number of calibers for which I have to buy ammo, and 9mm is one that I decided I would not miss much.  My KT and my Hi-Point 995 were the only 9mms I own, so, much as I hate to see them go, they were on the chopping block.

Still haven't sold the 995, though...  saying it is one thing, going through with it is another.