Is it just me, or do others here think our Governor is a Moron, when it comes to firearms?

Y'all need to be counting your blessings when it comes to who leads your state. You guys have the ability to carry, have NO long gun registration system, and a Governor who doesn't want more gun legislation. Last time I checked those are good things.

I live in Hawaii where there is NO legal carry, ONE shooting range (on Oahu at least) and buying a long gun requires three trips to the HPD headquarters, a 14-day waiting period for your annual permit to acquire and countless hours waiting in line downtown. And oh by the way, the overwhelming far left liberal controlled state government does everything they can to cram stricter gun laws down our throats. Wanna shoot more than 5 rounds through your AR? Nope. Wanna own a handgun with an 11 round capacity? Forget about it.

Gun owners here are looked at as extremist whackos. Everything out here requires a permit, waiting period, or permission from XYZ Department of Hawaii. The one range we do have is crawling with RSOs so strict and rude you can't fire a single round without hearing how you've done this, that or the other wrong.

Bill Haslam will probably not be the next President of the NRA, but at least he leaves you alone to live how you want. I can't even tell you how much I miss a standard weekend gun show at Chilhowee Park. Gun shows out here consist of a few vendors about once a year selling PMAGS and cleaning kits. Count your blessings before you wake up in a place like this.

I guess there's a price to pay for living in paradise. Luckily I PCS in 18 months.

Of course the News Sentinel is doing what it can to further the "gun show loophole" myth:

Though background checks are required for purchases at retail gun stores, they are not mandatory for sales at gun show events.

And Haslam is doing what he can to obscure the definition of "infringement:"

“I think there has to be a better way to do background checks. ... It makes sense and I think we can do it without infringing on people’s Second Amendment rights,” he said.

I believe they need to close the First Amendment loophole before tinkering with the Second.

• Like 1