Is it just me, or do others here think our Governor is a Moron, when it comes to firearms?

Guest 6.8 AR

he's just sitting on the fence again however, this may be a barbed-wire fence he's sitting on

Very good way to put it. Maybe he will wake up when one of those barbs does some damage.

Guest 270win

I don't think he is really into guns and that is OK.  He doesn't seem to be hard core anti gun.  On the surface, Bloomberg's group to the non gun folks sounds like it has a good purpose. 

The real kicker is the House and Senate has failed to pass any meaningful gun legislation like doing away with the fine signs and pre empting local parks for those with permits.  It would be nice to see those with permits to be legal inside schools.

Hey if MS can do it with the enhanced permit deal down there, why can't Tennessee?  Even better, folks in Alabama basically buy permits and can carry anywhere legally but picketing/protests.  You may be asked to leave a school with a gun, but you can't be arrested.  I can live with that a lot better than the situation in TN.

I believe if you provide the schools, parks, and local governments the option to ask those with permits to leave properties but not be subject to criminal prosecution (other than trespass for failing to leave), you might be able to pass a bill greatly modifying the parks law, school property, and 39-17-1359.   

Edited by 270win

These politicians, whether libtard or closet republican are not in it for our rights. They believe they are better than us, that they can do no wrong and that they know what is best for us. I say screw 'em all. Politicians are in it for one person and one person only......  Themselves.

• Moderators

now you know he was playing golf not to long ago with Obama , wonder who influenced him hummm let me see , play some golf now I owe him ?

You seem to have Haslam confused with Corker.

- OS

I think it was an honest mistake, RINOS tend to look all alike to me as well.

He's definitely no friend to 2nd Amendment supporters.  He and I had quite the email exchange during the guns in parks debate when he was Knoxville mayor.  His stance was basically (paraphrased of course) "I know that there is no evidence that permit holders aren't a threat, but they don't need to have guns in places where kids play."

I think it was an honest mistake, RINOS tend to look all alike to me as well.

Yes, but golf rises above all, the play of which is not to be attributed to outsiders regardless of politics. ;)

Though it does pain me that BHO plays it (and like Slick Willy,  I'll bet he's never posted an honest scorecard either).

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

He's a politician seeking his next elected office; that's pretty much all you need to know about him.

As such, he's unlikely to be passionately for or against anything or be willing to take a stand on any principle because when a politician does so there is always a political price to pay (at least politicians think there is).

I've met him and talked with him...he's a a very personable guy...overall I suspect he's a pretty good guy on most fronts but I wish he would go back to just being a business man and leave governing to someone who has some real core principles.

Guest TNSovereignty

I used to be a military aide during the Clinton administration.  Clinton was a VERY personable guy.  He also had very few principles.  Oh wait - his primary principle was to always, always compromise in order to stay on the side of 50.1% of projected voters.

Corker is every bit as mealy-mouthed & "slick" as Clinton ever was.  Every e-mail I get in response to my missives is carefully worded to let me know he cares ... he cares so, so much for families and our children ... but never answers the crux of the issue.  Challenge him on immigration policy & he sounds like a 'gang of 8' guy.  Same with every constitutional issue I've ever confronted him on.  

He's no moron - he's a brilliant, unprincipled politician ... and that's the most dangerous kind.  The voters are the morons.

• 3 weeks later...