Channel 5 report on how Criminals get guns

As I thought, another "anti gun owner" spin from NC5.  

I've been to a lot of gun shows over a lot of years. I've seen 15 and 16 year old kids there, and younger, always with their parents.

I've seen private sales there, but never to anyone who looks like our star. 

Has anybody here seen a suspicious gun sale at a gun show?

I'm about sick of channel 5 news.

• Like 1

I guess the worst I've seen was young gangbanger-lookin guys walkin around in a pack, starin at everybody like "Yeah, I'm here!" Whatever, doesn't bother me. As far as personally, I had one of the above walk up to me, didn't understand the first words of garble that came out of his mouth so I said sternly "What?!". He said I'm interested in your gun, how much ya want?" I said "$100". I played along and let him handle it and look it over, before he said I'll take it.........Here's where it gets funny. I said, "You know what you're buying right?" He looked at me strange like I insulted him. Then I pulled out the rod and showed him how you push the bullet in after each shot to reload a muzzle loader......He stared at me with this blank look on his face for a minute. Then I walked off, what a freakin idiot.

• Like 1
....I've seen private sales there, but never to anyone who looks like our star. 

You can tell a felon by looking at him? Remarkable talent.

- OS

• Like 2

C'mon Shoot. If a guy that looked and talked like him would you sell him

a gun?

If he showed me a legit HCP, I would, can't go buy looks completely. 

But what I'm saying, the people I see at shows are good redneck people, like me.

And yes, I am a psychic. True. Can't help it.

C'mon Shoot. If a guy that looked and talked like him would you sell him

a gun?

If he showed me a legit HCP, I would, can't go buy looks completely. 

But what I'm saying, the people I see at shows are good redneck people, like me.

And yes, I am a psychic. True. Can't help it.

That's just one archetypical looking guy.  But absurd to argue that prohibited persons don't score all over America where private sales are legal, and gun shows are the logical place for the best selection.

It's where I'd go if I couldn't legally buy them and that's no great epiphany on my part or anything. Hell, I may have sold to a felon myself. One with a TN DL, but a felon nonetheless.

- OS

“Gun Show” sales is just the buzz word they are using. What they mean is they want to ban “Private Sales” without a background check.

Why wait for a gun show when there are forums or GOC where you can buy every day?

Last I checked the manufacture of methamphetamine or the sale of cocaine in this state was illegal and has some serious penalties. So how have those “tough” laws worked out?

Fix the economy in this country and this state, put people back to work. Get our manufacturing base back and quit buying into the “World Economy” BS. That will do more to reduce crime than any new laws you can come up with.

• Like 3
I've seen private sales there, but never to anyone who looks like our star. 

You cannot tell by looking.  (and the word is suspect.  I am suspicious of the guy that looks like a thug.  The guy that looks like a thug looks suspect.  If and when the guy that looks like a thug looks suspicious, look around to see what it is that is bothering him, its probably dangerous!).   Language aside though,  anyone buying a gun person to person could be a thug. 

Look at the (not after his police beat down) pictures of jesse mathews.   Tell me what red flags would have gone off if you had walked by while he was trading guns with someone?  He looks like any redneck around here --- white, a little overweight,  mid 20s to 30s, has guns and wants to trade them.   May have had an accent that might prompt a close observer to note that he is not southern, but otherwise.... ???? 

Conversely one of the guys that used to shoot 3 gun with us "looked like" a criminal 2 days after escaping from the pen.   And is one of the nicest guys there.   You simply cannot tell.   Guy at work said I look homeless after a week without shaving, for that matter.   He was only half kidding. 

Edited by Jonnin

said "$100". I played along and let him handle it and look it over, before he said I'll take it.........Here's where it gets funny. I said, "You know what you're buying right?" He looked at me strange like I insulted him. Then I pulled out the rod and showed him how you push the bullet in after each shot to reload a muzzle loader......He stared at me with this blank look on his face for a minute. Then I walked off, what a freakin idiot.

I would've sold it to him, lol.
  • Like 1

I am at work so I can't pull up the link, but this is the reason I don't sell guns. I figure out what I want which usually takes time to fondle find one and shoot and then purchase. This way I take no loss on the selling and never have to worry about putting a gun in the wrong hands.