New low for the state

Guest abailey362

Guest abailey362

So I called again Friday to check on my HCP application, which is now at day 83. I figured it was my birthday and I might get lucky and have them go ahead and issue it.

After getting someone different than the usual "I just got here and ain't got no 'puter" lady, my heart skipped a little. The lady that got the phone was nice, very soft spoken and seemed helpful. She got my license number, verified my mailing address, asked where I was fingerprinted, and if I mailed my application in or did it in person.

This is where a flag went up. I told her I did it in person at the state office and she then told me that the yellow receipt that I received would work until I got it in the mail. I asked if she was sure, because I thought that was the case for renewals, but mine was a new application. She assured me she was right and then she got another call.

I know the right answer here. What worries me is that the person before me or the person after me that she told the same thing, might not know the answer.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

At least they have your application. They lost mine. I had to go back to Clinton drivers license office and give them another copy. Don't remember what color it was. Took another month or so.

Guest abailey362
Who has the phone number to check on your permit?

Contact Us:Lisa Knight, Manager

1150 Foster Avenue

Nashville, TN 37243 (615) 253-5221

866-849-3548 (toll-free)

google is your friend :D

Guest GlockRule

Well, I was one of the first to apply for a HCP when they changed the law back in the late 90s...it took a YEAR to get my permit...I moved to another state in the meantime and let it expire...moved back to TN and applied again (2 years ago), it took 3 weeks to get it...I was pretty happy about that.