Goodmans gun show nashville today

This show has always been hit or miss in my book. Went there today to browse and get outta the house. Knowing they close at four they now have floor police to get everyone out. While heading towards the door I stopped to say hi to someone I've done a few grand in business with. While walking and talking toward the door one of the show had the balls to get in my face and tell me I had to leave NOW interrupting our conversation. The gun industry has worked hard to maintain a good image now we have show promoters treating customers customers like dicks..like someone once said " a hall full of ass crack BO and nazi swag" how appropriate Edited by Dustbuster

imo the tairgrounds gunshows are on their last days for lots of reasons

I used to rent a table there in the late 80's thru the 90's. Used to open both sides of the building, dealers and crowd were good. Not so much anymore, maybe it will turn around. I've attended three shows since '06, doubt I'll be back again

imo the tairgrounds gunshows are on their last days for lots of reasons

Nashville mayor hopes anything at the fairgrounds fails. If any of the recurring events come to an end it's one step closer to my beloved racetrack becoming 3/4 empty office space.

I really like guns, but I'm not driving to Nashville and paying to park, just to stand in line to pay to get into a building to experience a crowd so bad you can't look at anything, and maybe have a chance to buy some overpriced junk.

Nashville mayor hopes anything at the fairgrounds fails. If any of the recurring events come to an end it's one step closer to my beloved racetrack becoming 3/4 empty office space.

That's why I hate not to support the show but it also doesn't seem that the promoter is doing anything at all to make it better. They must realize that they are living on borrowed time and just don't care any more.

I did go Sunday, more for support than to buy, Stopped by Davids booth and talked to slackers he had working this past weekend. :cool: :rofl:

Edited by RED333
  • Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

That's why I hate not to support the show but it also doesn't seem that the promoter is doing anything at all to make it better. They must realize that they are living on borrowed time and just don't care any more.

I doubt the promoter can do anything, like the parking fee. That has to be Metro. They should be sued over that.

They have to know it kills events.

Rest assured, the Mayor knows full well it kills events. That's the whole purpose. Once all is gone, he can turn it over

to his handpicked developers for other use. This is taking much longer than he would like.

As other posters have said, Goodmans show is nowhere near what it was back in the day. Can't blame all of that on

Metro tho. Been going downhill before Dean.

I doubt the promoter can do anything, like the parking fee. That has to be Metro. They should be sued over that.

They have to know it kills events.

Oh I know that they can't do anything but complain about the parking fee. I'm talking about getting new/better vendors, getting rid of the flea market stuff, offering discount coupons for admission like RK does for their shows. The Hendersonville show is usually much better as well as the M'boro show. More vendors and free parking.

Goodman people need to get a little creative with the things they can change! It's too bad there not a large business around close that doesn't use their parking lot on weekends. Charge a dollar a head to shuttle guys back and forth. That would be better than the parking fee!

It just seems to me that they are giving up.

• Like 1

I understand costs,insurance rent ad nauseum. But to just be plain rude in a  rousting drunks at last call style is the last thing most of us wanna deal with on a weekend off after spending money. Hell I gathered over 500 signatures to help keep the fairgrounds.They piss me off again  Ill gather 5000 signatures to throw goodman and his turds out ( not the vendors) and get RK or someone else in........All I ask for is a little bit of being nice,it costs less than entrance fees...