How do you sleep at night?

Guest earlybird

Guest earlybird

Our agreement was if you borrowed a gun, you left one as collateral. It had to be at least the same value, or more, to either be sold, or just used as replacement. Extra incentive to return the borrowed firearm in as borrowed condition. He was a good friend of mine, and a lifetime friend of my dad's. they grew up together. So  I had nothing to worry about. Oddly enough, he was the one that convinced me to buy the EZ9. He had one and let me shoot it. I was sold. funny how things work out. He will still be a friend. Just a little different one. I know I can replace it, no issue there. But that one was special to me, the first gun I bought new, all my other ones were used or hand-me downs. But that is water under the bridge. Sh*t happens. It is just they way he went about it. 

I'll do something with the 1911...

Guest earlybird

Wanna let me borrow it?

Sure. What will leave in return? Gotta be worth as much or more until I get the 1911 back. But you have to drive up to Louisville to pick it up and return it. 

No gun will replace a "favorite"! Been there done that part recently, but money wise u got the better deal. As far as friend goes though., Freshman year of college my engineering professor told us to "drop 10 and punt!" He was talking about girlfriends but in this case it applies fully!
Guest The Highlander
My brother in law has keys to the house and the combo to the safe, he can borrow anything that is here. But he can easily afford to replace whatever he might damage beyond repair anyway. I trust him with my kids, why would I not trust him with my guns? I do ave a couple of guns I would not loan out though, to anyone.
Guest carter

" Oddly enough, he was the one that convinced me to buy the EZ9. He had one and let me shoot it."

so was yours the exact as the one he had? maybe he did the ol switch and gave you back his crappy used one... but at least you got a nice firearm out the deal

Guest Jeremey
Guns, tools, powered lawn equipment, and trailers. They all are #1 on my list of no borrowing. Loaned a trailer to a "buddy" came back with the newly rewired light harness drug off. He talked me into loaning to him again a year or so later. This time it was the safety chains that had been drug and a light broken.

wow,  some of you guys need to look at yourselves and ask why you enable users.

I know about three friends I would lend a gun to. One or two I would lend my gas powered tools to, but I will supply the mixed fuel.  I'd be happy to come help but them things mostly don't get out of my sight.  Don't ask for my truck,  that will never happen.  If you need it to move a couch or TV, sure I will help. If you need to move your household the answer will be no.  But I'd be happy to help lift and tote stuff if you go rent a U-Haul,

Aside from that I only have three relatives I would lend things to,  they would have unfettered access to anything, key ring, safe combination, anything I have.   I also have relatives I would lend nothing to.  

Kind of funny,  but the people I trust would never ask to borrow any of that stuff.

• Like 1
Guest Aces&8s

Maybe it's just me, but if I felt the need to obtain collateral from someone, he/she would be the last person to whom I would loan something of value.

That said, I have been burned more than once by people I thought I could trust.  Never with something so valuable, usually just books or tools or such, but aggravating enough to break me of that habit with the exception of a select few.

wow,  some of you guys need to look at yourselves and ask why you enable users.

I know about three friends I would lend a gun to. One or two I would lend my gas powered tools to, but I will supply the mixed fuel.  I'd be happy to come help but them things mostly don't get out of my sight.  Don't ask for my truck,  that will never happen.  If you need it to move a couch or TV, sure I will help. If you need to move your household the answer will be no.  But I'd be happy to help lift and tote stuff if you go rent a U-Haul,

Aside from that I only have three relatives I would lend things to,  they would have unfettered access to anything, key ring, safe combination, anything I have.   I also have relatives I would lend nothing to.  

Kind of funny,  but the people I trust would never ask to borrow any of that stuff.

Well said !