Remington 870 Duracoated

The BIGGEST thing is prep, it'll take you longer to prep than to paint it. There's a list on their website that says how you have to prep pending what material or finish it has. I used brake cleaner first to help save on the Duracoat Trustrip which you'll need according to them(I'm not a chemist and don't wanna waste the paint to prove them wrong so I just took them at their word) and some Reducer, I went ahead and got the Duracoat brand as well. Clean your sprayer with some reducer to make sure it is free of any foreign substances. Shake up your paint for about five minutes, pour into mixing container(this is where you'll mix your hardner and paint so that you don't waste all the paint should you have surplus), mix for again, about five minutes. Less hardner for a matte finish, more for a shinier finish, just can't do too much either way. It's 12 parts paint for 1 part hardner or 4 TBSP to 1 TESP if you like. Do yourself a favor and DON'T do this without two VERY key things, resporator and measuring spoons, had neither and had to work something up... which resulted in no mask and the measuring spoon from the kitchen. (RUN AWAY!!!!) Ask away if you have any questions.

The BIGGEST thing is prep, it'll take you longer to prep than to paint it. There's a list on their website that says how you have to prep pending what material or finish it has. I used brake cleaner first to help save on the Duracoat Trustrip which you'll need according to them(I'm not a chemist and don't wanna waste the paint to prove them wrong so I just took them at their word) and some Reducer, I went ahead and got the Duracoat brand as well. Clean your sprayer with some reducer to make sure it is free of any foreign substances. Shake up your paint for about five minutes, pour into mixing container(this is where you'll mix your hardner and paint so that you don't waste all the paint should you have surplus), mix for again, about five minutes. Less hardner for a matte finish, more for a shinier finish, just can't do too much either way. It's 12 parts paint for 1 part hardner or 4 TBSP to 1 TESP if you like. Do yourself a favor and DON'T do this without two VERY key things, resporator and measuring spoons, had neither and had to work something up... which resulted in no mask and the measuring spoon from the kitchen. (RUN AWAY!!!!) Ask away if you have any questions.

Thanks for the tips! Approximately how much Duracoat did it take?

It took for us one bottle BUT we also happened to paint my black CTR stock for my ST-15 as well so that took quite a bit, polymers require a bit more than we anticipated, the coat on the mag ext got the lightest amount so i'm gonna have to recoat it. Just remember, if it's got a bit of polymer, get extra you'll be glad you did, lol.