Brickyard

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what a freaking joke. They cannot even run 12 laps before the tires fall apart.

One of the premier races NASCAR runs and Good Year shows up with this piece of crap tire. Unbelievable

This race is a joke

NASCAR is all about selling products whether it is Sprint with the series sponsorship or race sponsorships or team sponsorships.

How many tires do you think Goodyear is selling this morning and will sell this week?

I am glad I was not there for that mess!!!

I am glad I was not there for that mess!!!

by crossed flags the place looked half empty. I have no doubt the speedway took a bath in their concession income. NASCAR or Good Year ought to do the right thing and figure a way to make it up to ticket holders at Indy.

Worst race I think I have ever seen anywhere at any level.

I don't like all the "Fill er up with Sunoco Fuel" and "Put 4 fresh Goodyears on her" and all of that crap. I think they get just as good sponsorship with product placement. How many times did they pit? How many Sunoco fuel cans did you see? How many times did you see the Goodyear logo?

Sprint - you want more air time? Sponsor Jimmy Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Dale Earnhart Jr. or Kyle Busch. Same goes for the rest of the shameless plugs.

P.S. You are Claritin Clear to drive.

What about when they state past Champions as being "Sprint Cup" or "Nationwide" Series Champions. That really cracks me up. I'm sure they didn't reissue the trophies.

Sprint Cup" or "Nationwide" Series Champions. That really cracks me up. I'm sure they didn't reissue the trophies.

Jeff Gordons firesuit says 4 Time Sprint Cup Champ on it i believe.

Would be funny if he insisted on it saying Winston Cup, LOL

Jeff Gordons firesuit says 4 Time Sprint Cup Champ on it i believe.

Would be funny if he insisted on it saying Winston Cup, LOL

NASCAR probably has some dumbass rule that if they don't cal past champions Sprint Cup Champs that they get fined.

Remember this is another one of those "Their game, their ball and their rules"

I would not be suprised to see Bruton Smith try to start his own series with all of his tracks and all of the tracks around, like Nashville's (sorry, Gladeville's) track, they could get a new series off of the ground and leave NASCAR in a big hurt. One of the bigest problems would be to get enough sponsors to go along with it. In today's economy, that may be too large of a hurdle to overcome.

Either way, NASCAR better wake up and address the fans side of the sport and not just try to figure out how to put more money into their own pockets.

NASCAR? What's that?

I've been a die hard NASCAR fan for several years, but they have made me sick. I've watched 2 1/4 races this season.

This isn't the first, second, or third time Goodyear has had an issue with the tires. Goodyear blames NASCAR, and NASCAR blames Goodyear.

I was listening to Sirius NASCAR Radio (Ch.128), when some sort of "manager" from Goodyear called in. According to him, NASCAR tells Goodyear what tires and how many to bring. He said that Goodyear has multiple tire compounds for each track, and NASCAR decides which tires they want the teams to use. Goodyear has no say when it comes to which tires will be used on any given track, according to the "manager" guy.

He also mentioned another intersting fact that I didn't know. The teams "rent" the tires from Goodyear. At the end of each race, the teams must give back the used tires, along with any tires they have not used. This is done to keep the more wealthy teams from stockpiling more tires than the less wealthy teams.