Debating Choices

Guest Averhoeven

Guest Averhoeven
Just learned I might find a nice chunk of change (well, return on investment) and i see it as a chance to grab one of the 2 pricier rifles I'd been wanting. I have been thinking of grabbing a SCAR or a Tavor for a while, but didn't think i would have the funds that made that doable for a long time. Sooooo, which would y'all suggest? If it helps I already have an AR15, but have been wanting something in 308 for a while. Just not sure if the Scar would feel to similar/redundant or not. On the other hand, the Tavor doesn't bring anything all that new to the table for me either besides being a unique little toy since it uses much of the same stuff as the AR (possibly a plus too, haven't decided).
And no both doesn't feel like an option. Any strong opinions either way? Edited by Averhoeven
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What will be the rifle's intended purpose? (If any).

You mentioned "wanting something in .308" but not any reasons why you were wanting something chambered in .308, the reason I ask is so I'd be able to give you better advice as to which rifle I believed would fufill your rifle's intended mission parameters the best.

If it's just because you don't own one & would like to own one, than I'd just suggest that you get which ever one tickles your fancy the most.

As far as ergonomics go, the SCAR wins it for me, the Tavor though is much handier in a confined space, plus with the SCAR you get that hard stoppinging power of the .308 BUT the SCAR also uses unique mags to it alone while the TAVOR uses STANAG mags. Cost, the Tavor wins it hard by about $800 at the cheapest. Really it'll come down to; 'do you want a .308 battle rifle or .223 combat rifle?', which ever you do I don't believe you'll be dissapointed as both are excellent proven platforms and they both have cult followings like AR's and AK's, though neithers numbers come close to the aforementioneds numbers of fans.

Edited by whitewolf001