8th grade student suspended, arrested over gun t-shirt

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

The obstruction charge wouldn’t be about the shirt. What’s that all about? Need more info.

Agree. Read the story yesterday and thought the same. The headline grabs you, but based on the charge I have a feeling there's more to the story.

The article said he was arrested . I cant understand what the charge would be ? If he broke any of the school's dress  rules then that would be mostly civil not criminal anyways . According to the reporter , the kid and the article , the school's rules did not say anything about to not wear images of guns or anything of the sort. There seems to be more to the story than what is being given out . But if the article told the WHOLE story then this seems weird and fishy .

Crazy world we live in now days but we all know that anyways .

ALSO , did you guys see that statue in front of what looked like the school ? It was a man holding a gun. If this is the correct school and the statue belonged to the school , the school is the "pot calling the kettle black".

Edited by tercel89
I'd say the student got quite vocal and disrespectful to the school administration. Generally things go south at that point. Not saying the school was right, but they have to maintain proper control of the situation and the students.
  • Like 2
Guest Keal G Seo

Obstruction charges are just a typical charge placed on anyone they can't find something to charge them with, similar to disorderly conduct and inciting a panic. My guess is he was probably just mouthy to the cops and they couldn't do their jobs properly and swallow their pride.

The article said he was arrested . I cant understand what the charge would be ? If he broke any of the school's dress rules then that would be mostly civil not criminal anyways . According to the reporter , the kid and the article , the school's rules did not say anything about to not wear images of guns or anything of the sort. There seems to be more to the story than what is being given out . But if the article told the WHOLE story then this seems weird and fishy .
Crazy world we live in now days but we all know that anyways .

ALSO , did you guys see that statue in front of what looked like the school ? It was a man holding a gun. If this is the correct school and the statue belonged to the school , the school is the "pot calling the kettle black".

For all we know the teacher spouted off some anti-gun Obama phrase in response to the t-shirt and then the kid cursed the teacher and said his daddy would come down and kick his ass. We don't know since we have only heard one side. Chances are the teacher did something off par, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the kid did worse on account he was charged. I guess it doesn't matter what comes out in the wash, because the title of the article has already told readers what they need to believe without providing all the facts. I don't like that when it comes from the libtards just like I don't like it when it comes from the right.
Guest RedLights&Sirens
Agreed that there has to be more. When I was in high school (a very liberal Connecticut one at that) "offensive" shirts alone only required being turned inside out.

While I don't like that an "NRA" shirt caused an incident in the first place; I'd say that any kid (and any parent who let him) who would wear one to school...ANY school in the country today, is either stupid or looking to cause an incident (I suspect the latter).

Everybody knows how most schools and most school personnel feel about "guns", especially recently...hell, we have children being expelled for drawing a picture of a gun or even eating a cookie around the edges to look like a gun....do we really think that a t-shirt with the image of a gun isn't going to be met with the same type of overreaction???

And yes, partially because I think that was the kid's/parent's intention in the first place I suspect that the kid got mouthy and disrespectful to the school administration and the cops which is generally a pretty bad idea even if he wasn't doing anything wrong in the first place.

I'd say the student got quite vocal and disrespectful to the school administration. Generally things go south at that point. Not saying the school was right, but they have to maintain proper control of the situation and the students.

I had to get very vocal in high school once. Ended up cussing a teacher for about five minutes in front of half the school. The school administrators apologized to me and put restrictions on him. He and the school got off lucky. The ACLU lives for those kind of cases. It got to the point where he was harassing me outside of school and threatened to destroy my car. (With me in it) There were multiple witnesses (students and faculty) of him bullying me and intimidating my girlfriend. I can't wait to piss on his grave.      

The original link from the OP had another link to an update on the story. Not much else there, but I did find it interesting that the students are questioning the school why it's not OK to wear this shirt, but a statue of a soldier carrying a gun and grenades stands proudly at the entrance to the school.

• Like 1

So he was arrested originaly causing a disruption. They said he almost caused a riot with the students. It seems to me it was the teachers and cops that almost caused the riot!!!

Dave S

Edited by DaveS