During the Boston event our 4th Amendment came under attack

Guest Scwrod

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, you violated Godwin's Law and therefor invalidated this entire thread.

Godwin's Law only applies if the comparison is not apt, if the comparison does not tie directly to Nazi techniques. This does.

The law and its corollaries would not apply to discussions covering known mainstays of Nazi Germany such as genocide, eugenics or racial superiority, nor, more debatably, to a discussion of other totalitarian regimes or ideologies, if that was the explicit topic of conversation, since a Nazi comparison in those circumstances may be appropriate, in effect committing the fallacist's fallacy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

Edited by QuietDan

Godwin's Law only applies if the comparison is not apt, if the comparison does not tie directly to Nazi techniques. This does.

The law and its corollaries would not apply to discussions covering known mainstays of Nazi Germany such as genocide, eugenics or racial superiority, nor, more debatably, to a discussion of other totalitarian regimes or ideologies, if that was the explicit topic of conversation, since a Nazi comparison in those circumstances may be appropriate, in effect committing the fallacist's fallacy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

OK... I'm gonna have to read that again when I'm not drinking :)

• Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

So, we just should just cower and let everyone in our house anytime someone else decides we are or may

be a threat, knowing full well there are other ways to catch a criminal? A police state makes the problem

worse, instead of better. I guess I don't understand how Occam's Razor has anything to do with this.

Prudence demands otherwise. These guys were known to be a problem coming down the road, yet someone

dropped the ball, again, in their intelligence reporting and dissemination, from what I have read.

Raping the constitution to take care of stupidity doesn't make much sense to me. The same kind of thing has

happened before, with 9/11. Some of the same idiots who were in charge, back then, are in charge now. I

think one of them just got to be the Director of CIA. That's a real problem. Clinton's administration dropped the

ball on this stuff, also. Those people are not following the laws with their own jobs. Why should we gut our

Constitution because they are inept?

In Durham County NC, if they declare a "State of Emergency" then your constitutional rights are put on hold. They developed this "State of Emergency" after Martin Luther King Jr was assassinated and rioters burned down the Rhodes Furniture store in West Durham.  In 1996, after Hurricane Fran, they declared another State of Emergency.

We had 4 vehicles with canoes and kayaks on top and were headed to a local river and were pulled over by cops who told us :"The rivers are closed. You cannot go paddling!"  "They then explained to us that in a State of Emergency you do not have the right to assemble nor the right to travel freely."  After a spirited arguement where I thought we would get arrested, the cops let up and let us go. All we wanted to do was paddle down a river...............

The men who wrote our Constitution and Bill of Rights, knew what they were doing. They were much wiser than any "Talking Head' alive today. There is nothing old fashion or out dated about individual rights. We cannot comprimise with an enemy that is bent of destroying our freedoms and our way of life.

Edited by Will Carry

If we are applying concepts or principals…

A terrorist acting on a political agenda attacked Americans, killing them. Are our 4th amendment rights under attack?

Apply Occam’s Razor. biggrin.gif

One theory is that government hates liberty as liberty precludes the need for government.

Another would be that government desires to be of use to its citizens and all its actions are necessary.

Which is simpler?

It was inevitable that people would start Monday-morning quarterbacking the operation up there. Some folks just have to look for a boogeyman in every closet.

:rolleyes:

David, I am guessing that you must not have seen the video of all of the homeowners in that 20 block cordoned off search zone being forceably removed everyone from their homes at gunpoint.

In the video the officers didn't even bother to "ask" the homeowners for consent to search their homes, as soon as the homeowner answered the knock at their door an officer put his gun in the owners face & forceably yanked them out into the street.

IMHO every single American should watch that video.
  • Moderators

Closer to Nazi Germany everyday.

http://www.zdnet.com/cispa-passes-u-s-house-death-of-the-fourth-amendment-7000014205/

It was inevitable that people would start Monday-morning quarterbacking the operation up there. Some folks just have to look for a boogeyman in every closet.

:rolleyes:

Isn't that how you prepare for the next game? Study what you did right & wrong and learn your opponent's plays by watching the game tapes?