Martial law in Boston??

Guest flashlight Dave

Guest flashlight Dave

I am wondering if anyone else is disturbed about what is going on in Boston?

The whole town in under lock down which sounds at least close to a state of martial law to me. We have two teenagers with some guns and some home made bombs and the response to this is something close to an army invasion. I heard on Fox that military police were involved which I am thinking would be a violation of Posse Comitatus.

I cannot remember a response like this ever, even with 9/11. What bothers me even more is that it seems that no one seems to notice what I am seeing.

Just wonder if there are any others thinking the same or am I just not seeing the situation correctly?

No fly zone. Trains stopped. Subway stopped. Busses stopped. Taxis stopped (for awhile). Citizens told to stay home. Businesses told they couldn't open. Police and military policing the city in armored vehicles. Thousands of military and police searching in full body armor and automatic weapons. Searches executed on questionably legal grounds.

Doesn't sound far to me ...
In all seriousness though yes I am also sort of surprised that the news folks aren't making more of an issue of the 1 million or so Boston residents that are essentially under "house arrest" until told otherwise.

Seems odd considering this is the first time that I can ever recall an entire city being "locked down" in order to catch one crazy ...

And what about all those cameras catching people out in public........ that is a violation of my, oh wait they caught those scum bags with a camera. Never mind.  This one was for the people that seem to have lost their :tinfoil:

And what about all those cameras catching people out in public........ that is a violation of my, oh wait they caught those scum bags with a camera. Never mind.  This one was for the people that seem to have lost their :tinfoil:

I've seen a lot of stuff recently on all the camera networks in major cities.  I live in Atlanta and am trying to get caught up to speed on what we have here.  They have police cruises with bumper mounted cameras that link to software that will tag and "remember" the locations of cars; run the plates for warrants, etc.  They often drive around parking garages during the day tagging and running plates while they go through the garage.  Supposedly the data (locations, time/date stamp) for normal cars is deleted 48 hours later ... so they say.

That tag info is held longer.  I do not understand why people are so against these public cameras if you are doing nothing wrong? Remember these cameras caught idiots red handed. 

Would you want someone to follow you around with a camera and record you all day whether you're doing anything wrong or not?

If I'm not doing anything wrong you have no reason to record me.

It's all baby steps. This is being watched closely as a trial run to see just how much liberty the citizen-sheep with trade for the veil of security.

• Like 4

Would you want someone to follow you around with a camera and record you all day whether you're doing anything wrong or not?

If I'm not doing anything wrong you have no reason to record me.

It's all baby steps. This is being watched closely as a trial run to see just how much liberty the citizen-sheep with trade for the veil of security.

I am leaning this way as well, Big Brother is to close and big.

The article I read (in ATL) specifically mentioned that they had done some "tests" with the info and had mapped out several of the "tests subjects" daily routine from data they had gathered over several months (with the plate taggers, software that mined the cities "surveillence" cameras, etc.).

I'm not one that participates in illegal activities throughout my normal day ... but I don't want the .gov being able to re-create my normal daily life. 

:tinfoil: :hiding:

Edited by npgunner
  • Like 1

If the police didn't "lock down" the town & do exactly what they did the punk would probably still be out there & you would be griping that the cops were not doing enough to catch him!

Now correct me if I'm wrong. Who is wrong & who is right?

Edited by xd shooter
  • Like 1
It sure makes me realize just how fast we could be on "lock down" with law enforcement knocking on every door.

It looked like the LEOs did a good job in a tough situation. I thought it was interesting though that the boat he was hiding in had already been searched. From what i understand, he was found by a citizen after the lock down was relaxed. I'm glad he was caught. Edited by Batman

You can search a place but once you move on someone can then go into it. It isnt like it was locked. The guy was about 1 block outside the cordon. Things happen. They have a ton of people there but they werent coordinated nor all in watertown until later. 

Guest ThePunisher
The real question is "how much freedom are people willing to surrender for security"? Given that the current commie government is afraid of the people that own guns, if we give them an inch of our freedoms, then the government will take a mile of our freedoms until we the people are afraid of the government. I'm afraid that very soon we will wake up, and realize that we are servants of the government instead of the government being servants of the people.
  • Moderators

Obama's And Boston's Lesson: Jihad Works

The stupid, it burns.

The wrong answer to terrorism is what we're doing right now.  

What our government is teaching prospective terrorists is that all they have to do is manage to get two jackasses who are willing to die to commit mass-murder, even if they kind of suck at it (let's face it, when they blew up those bombs in Boston they did commit their intended deed but an hour earlier and 10x as many people would be dead or missing legs.) 

Then they pop a cop trying to rip off a convenience store and toss (non-working; they didn't explode) bombs out the window while trying to elude the cops.

The payoff for doing this is that an entire city shuts down to literal empty sidewalks and train service is halted along a hundred-mile+ stretch.

Even worse now the authorities are allegedly preventing residents who were away from their homes from returning there!  You are now beingforcibly dispossessed of your residence!  Yeah, it's temporary, but so what -- that's my damned house, not yours!  Get the hell out of my way!

Need I remind people that the entire point of terrorism is to terrorize?  To create economic havoc in a given area through violence, and by doing so advance some social or political goal?

What sort of lesson is the jackass in the Oval Office along with those crap-for-brains idiots in Massachusetts sending to our enemies around the world?  

Two *******s shut down a city of 7 million people who then cower in fear in their homes.

Screw that and screw them.

What should be the response is that every American who lives in that area should go about their business while openly carrying a pistol, rifle or both.

More @ link.

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=219949

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 1
Guest ThePunisher
A few more tragic incidents like in Boston or 9/11 and you can bet the farm that martial law will be forthcoming to a place near you, or possibly the whole country.

I do not understand why people are so against these public cameras if you are doing nothing wrong?

I suppose you have no objection to a full body scan and/or pat down at the airport since you have nothing to hide?

When I heard about what was going on in Boston, my first thought was martial law, which is exactly what it was.

Edited by daddyo
Guest drv2fst

That tag info is held longer.  I do not understand why people are so against these public cameras if you are doing nothing wrong? Remember these cameras caught idiots red handed. 

I find it ironic that the public RAISED HELL when Apple recorded people location in order to help carriers provide their customers with better cellular service.  

However, those same people are perfectly fine with the government recording everything they do, everywhere they go, every email they send, every site they visit online, and potentially every conversation they have.  

Very strange world.