2013 NTPS Spring Steel match May 26th at NTPS range

Back by popular demand! We are have the 2013 NTPS Spring Steel match and King of the Hill Shootoff on the last Sunday of May, May 26th at the NTPS range.

This year we are shooting  stages shot at the 2013 Rio Salado Spring Steel match held in Arizona. Of course you will have 1 mulligan run to use if you think you can do better on a stage!

Music City Tactical Shooters is having their monthly steel match that Sunday and I discussed with the MCTS President about coordinating the 2 matches so you can shoot both and really have a Sunday full of Steel. I have not gotten a response from Michael Bresson about this and will let you know if we get it worked out.

The winner of the KOTH shootoff gets possession of the massive traveling trophy until the next NTPS Steel match, and the trophy will have your name engraved on it along with all of the past winners.

The match will run about 130-150 rounds, and more if you go all the way in the double elimination shootoff.

Registration starts at 8 am,  first shots at 9am.  Set up is the day before, Sat. May 25th. Come help set up and  your entry fee is only $5.00 which is the  range rent we have to pay our landlord.  The match fee is $20.00 and includes an entry into the King of the Hill Shootoff. 

Contact me with any questions.  Best regards, Brian Smith  bsmith@smithsholar.com  615-497-1555

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Music City Tactical Shooters is having their monthly steel match that Sunday and I discussed with the MCTS President about coordinating the 2 matches so you can shoot both and really have a Sunday full of Steel. I have not gotten a response from Michael Bresson about this and will let you know if we get it worked out.

May is extremely busy for myself.  I thought you originally were doing yours on the Saturday May 25th.  I will contact you Brian when I get a moment and my boss leaves for the day.     

1st Saturday:  MCTS Match

1st Sunday:  AC duties at Middle TN Shooters

2nd Saturday:  Backstoppers in MO

2nd Sunday:  Working on the range for the Music City Shootout III

3rd Friday:  Setup of Music City Shootout III

3rd Saturday:  Music City Shootout III

3rd Sunday:  Music City Shootout III

4th Friday:  Southern Regional Championship

4th Saturday:  AC duties at Southern Regional Championship

4th Sunday:  MCTS Steel Match 

Last day of the month in May:  Secret City Challenge

1st Saturday in june:  AC duties at Secret City Challenge

Edited by HOGNUT
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello Everybody! 

The NTPS Spring Steel match is this weekend with set up on Sat. starting at 9 am and the match registration is Sunday at 8am with first shots at 9am. The main match is approx. 130 rounds, and bring enough to shoot the shootoff and don't forget you get a mulligan run to re-run any one stage! KAPOW! 

If you help set up on Sat. all you have to pay to shoot the match is $5 which is the range rent we have to pay the landlord. Please let me know if you are going to help set up. 

We're going to be shooting two stages straight out of the Rio Salado Spring Steel major match and I know you're going to get a kick out of them. Call me or email me if you have any questions. Best regards, Brian Smith 615 497 1555, bsmith@smithsholar.com

I learned two things yesterday:

1 - That skinny thing on the front of my gun tells me where the bullet will go, but only if I actually look at it, and
2 - A minute in penalties on a single stage does bad things to an aggregate time.

Congratulations to TOM SNIPES the new KING OF THE HILL shootoff winner and to MIKE THOMAS winner of the main NTPS SPRING STEEL Match!! Also many, many thanks to Bob Cole and Jeff Stone who helped mightily setting up and tearing down, and to Tom Snipes for the use of his pickup truck in moving a plate rack from one end of the range to the other. KAPOW!!!!!!!!!!! See you at the next NTPS Steel event and King of the Hill shootoff!!!