was at Sportsman's warehouse today...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I popped into Academy today to pick up some cleaning patches for my 12ga. They had quite a bit of rifle ammo (5.56/.223 were the only major thing missing) and had some handgun ammo as well (no 9mm or .22lr). I was surprised at what they had and at what they didn't have (12ga buckshot).

I pop into the Sportsman's in Southaven, MS about once a week. I have seen powder on the shelves assorted Ramshot a couple of weeks ago some assorted Alliant last week. No brass, bullets, or primers for awhile.

They have plenty of weapons, racks get more and more full each week.

Did see a bunch of 9mm in the Walmart down at Ole Miss Saturday, but I didn't need any so I didn't get any. Edited by LongrTJ

no ammo...no reloading supplies to speak of. they did have an Anderson AR 15 on the rack. been there since Tuesday.....$1200.

Did you ask at the service desk? They keep what they have hidden there. I don't know if you have to know a secret handshake to buy it though, lol.

the truck will be in today at sportman's.  they will have some ammo behind the service desk.  the line will be long at 8 waiting to get in at 9. the line for ammo will be long until they run out.  you can get one or two boxes of each caliber.  in the back there will be no primers and very little powder.  they do not get much in. they do not limited the amount of reload supplies you can buy.  so it is gone fast.  last week they had several cases of 1k rounds of 308  ammo for sale.  forgot the price but it was somewhere around/between  $0.90 to $0.95 a round.  that is way they had it.  hard to come up with $800.00 plus tax for ammo at one time.  

the truck will be in today at sportman's.  they will have some ammo behind the service desk.  the line will be long at 8 waiting to get in at 9. the line for ammo will be long until they run out.  you can get one or two boxes of each caliber.  in the back there will be no primers and very little powder.  they do not get much in. they do not limited the amount of reload supplies you can buy.  so it is gone fast.  last week they had several cases of 1k rounds of 308  ammo for sale.  forgot the price but it was somewhere around/between  $0.90 to $0.95 a round.  that is way they had it.  hard to come up with $800.00 plus tax for ammo at one time.  

It came in yesterday afternoon. They had quite a bit of .40, .45 and .223.

Line was about 25 deep when I went in at 3:30,but moved pretty fast, down to 2 or 3 by 4:30.

UMC .45 250 pack $115

Rem. .223 50 pack $25

The bulk pack (1000) Fed .308 for $800is still there, but they have sold 6 or 8 since last week. I've got to think that is being bought by resalers to split into smaller packages for gunshows.

I've been there twice in 7 days they have 1000 round cases of m80 for 799 I think. They haven't been moving lol
I can't spend that much on ammo.