Talk Me Into McCain

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HexHead

The 3 SCOTUS justices that are likely to retire are liberals anyway. Stevens, Ginsburg and Souter. So even if Obama is elected and replaced them with liberals, nothing really changes.

But what if Scalia or Thomas stroke out or have a heart attack? If Obama is nominating a replacement for them too, well let's just say Heller never would have passed.

Guest Lefty
:P

The more conservative the SCOTUS is the less power the gov't can seize

Yes, but there hasn't been anything conservative or constitutional about the republican party lately.

You must like all of your sports competitions ending in ties. That way no one team goes home feeling like they lost, right? :bat:

Leftism at it's finest right there.

Hockey ties are fun. Sudden death matches are interesting. An American governmental branch embodying a minority view doesn't sound like a tie. It sounds like freedom losing. Sometimes close matches are the only place true spirit shows itself, and highlight that this dog eat dog world is the muck lotuses grow from. Winners and losers? I prefer the game to be played by the rules.

BTW why isn't this guy still a republican?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036677/#25855610

I forget where I first saw this, but it makes sense.

I believe in a 1-10 scale on voting

I rate a candidate by listing things that are important to me as most people do, but example

Obama has 3 things I agree with him on

McCain has 6

Libertarian has 10.

simple, vote libertarian, no, they don't have a chance in h of winning, and though most people know it, they may not admit it.

My vote in this scenario would be McCain, because he actually has a chance of winning.

Vote Libertarian (or another "third" party in the local, county or state elections. Get enough of them there, you then have a chance of winning "the big ones".

What do ya'll think?

i thoroughly agree. i actually supported harry brown, now i realize it's gotta be at local and state levels first. i really think if people look at the libertarian party seriously, they'll find they agree with much more than either of the 'big' parties.

and i'm one of those who's scared by both obama and mccain. i'm just looking for the lesser of two evils. like always it seems.