IRS knowingly sends Billions in Fraudulent Refunds to Illegal Immigrants

Guest AmericanWorkMule

I get sticker shock every year when I get my taxes done because I'm self employed.  Since there is no withholding I wind up paying in about 25% of my income, therefore I kind of get my panties in a wad when I see that number, they even get in more of a wad when I see where my money is going.

• Like 1

The wife and I pay enough in taxes to employ a full time nanny.  A few years ago I procrastinated and went into HR Block which i never do to get my taxes done on the last day.  The guy doing my taxes was old as the hills and he was taking forever which allowed me to hear what the lady behind me was doing.  To make a long story short she worked part time at a restuarant as a waitress and her income for the year was claimed at 7,000 dollars and some change.  She was getting back 6,000 dollars from the government after EIC Child tax credit, Kid had a IEP etc etc -- she double her so called income which i highly doubt was only 7k.......made me sick when the cat told me i owed the IRS $9,357 on top of the 6,400+ we already had paid that year into SS,Medicare etc..........

She left in a brand new honda accord -- well it was close to brand new

Edited by Krull
Guest MilitiaMan

We live in a nanny state. Why work and be a productive member of society when it pays more to sit home, pop out kids, suck of the system and do nothing?

Disgusting.

We live in a nanny state. Why work and be a productive member of society when it pays more to sit home, pop out kids, suck of the system and do nothing?

Disgusting.

I understand why you guys are ranting, but sitting at home drawing government assistance isn't as glamorous as some like to make it sound. I have seen people purchase the first of the year tax refund cars and first of the month grocery baskets filled to the rim. I have also seen those same cars repossessed before the summer and those baskets empty a week later.

Some people repeatedly make bad decisions and sometimes they end up paying for them the rest of their lives. I will never hate or envy those people. I will continue to work hard to provide for my family and set an example so hopefully none of my children will have to depend on government handouts.

If we are going to squander the tax payers money, I would rather my tax dollars go to Americans receiving government assistance than continually spent on wars and foreign aid.

The issue with illegals is another beast. Get accustomed to it. Politicians on both sides of the isle see a new block of voters and it's butt kissing time. Edited by LINKS2K
  • Like 1
Guest MilitiaMan

Illegals are a problem, but so are the worthless US citizens that refuse to work for anything. Yet they have their hand out taking assistance for 10, 15, 20 years. They sit at home with 5, 6, 7 kids, they can afford alcohol, drugs, cigarrettes, smart phones cable etc but don't work a single hour any given week. They deliberately work the system. I have no issue with the family that works yet still struggles and needs some assistance (i.e foodstamps) each month to help get by.

Illegals are a problem, but so are the worthless US citizens that refuse to work for anything. Yet they have their hand out taking assistance for 10, 15, 20 years. They sit at home with 5, 6, 7 kids, they can afford alcohol, drugs, cigarrettes, smart phones cable etc but don't work a single hour any given week. They deliberately work the system. I have no issue with the family that works yet still struggles and needs some assistance (i.e foodstamps) each month to help get by.

We are rowing the same boat my friend. My point is that I don't see that lifestyle as being easy. I can assure you that regardless of perception, that grass is not greener. Edited by LINKS2K
Guest 6.8 AR

I understand why you guys are ranting, but sitting at home drawing government assistance isn't as glamorous as some like to make it sound. I have seen people purchase the first of the year tax refund cars and first of the month grocery baskets filled to the rim. I have also seen those same cars repossessed before the summer and those baskets empty a week later.

Some people repeatedly make bad decisions and sometimes they end up paying for them the rest of their lives. I will never hate or envy those people. I will continue to work hard to provide for my family and set an example so hopefully none of my children will have to depend on government handouts.

If we are going to squander the tax payers money, I would rather my tax dollars go to Americans receiving government assistance than continually spent on wars and foreign aid.

The issue with illegals is another beast. Get accustomed to it. Politicians on both sides of the isle see a new block of voters and it's butt kissing time.

As much as I want to agree with you, it isn't about glamor. Feelings on this are usually determined by how much

you think it is your responsibility to be giving to someone who doesn't do for themselves. I, personally don't like

being forced by the government to give up my money, which I earned, and see it doled out to someone who didn't

do anything for it. To me, it's "don't feed the bears". How many people do you really want to feel sorry for? The

number is rising. I can't afford to pay them all, imagine you're the same.

For those who truly can't do for themselves, we are probably close on this stuff, though.

Edited by 6.8 AR

The issue with illegals is another beast. Get accustomed to it. Politicians on both sides of the isle see a new block of voters and it's butt kissing time.

I have also seen those people get busted for selling drugs or working for cash only. Their is a huge underground network out there.  I have also seen those people that claim to need help work the system so they buy what they want with the money coming in and then asking for help with food or the electric bill.  I used to attend a church that was listed early in the phone book and almost weekly we got calls from people that needed "help".  We never gave out money so if they needed food we would meet them at the grocery store or offer to go pay on their electric bill.  75% of the time when they relized we were not going to give them money they would just leave or not show up for the groceries.  If it is easy take advantage of the system people will do it, if it is hard, less people will do it.  The feds cannot govern this it must be done locally out side of the governments controls so those really needing help get it and those wanting to take advantage of the system get found out.

• Like 1

As much as I want to agree with you, it isn't about glamor. Feelings on this are usually determined by how much
you think it is your responsibility to be giving to someone who doesn't do for themselves. I, personally don't like
being forced by the government to give up my money, which I earned, and see it doled out to someone who didn't
do anything for it. To me, it's "don't feed the bears". How many people do you really want to feel sorry for? The
number is rising. I can't afford to pay them all, imagine you're the same.

I agree with you, but I maintain that the money will still be wasted in the form of foreign aid and resource wars. If the money is to be wasted, waste it on Americans.

In an ideal world, I would love to see every able bodied individual working for his or her own keep and my tax dollars going into my savings account.
I'm not disagreeing with you guys. The handouts need to stop. The system and the taxpayer are getting screwed. I simply want to see the same passion when our government is sending money overseas and landing helicopters full of aid before a storm has ended. Those actions are also our tax dollars at work and I'd rather they be spent at home first.
  • Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

You and I, both. Trouble is, the ideal world is screwed up by political points of view and bribery for votes, nation-building,

and the seven deadly sins.

That problem 45guy brings up about the underground economy is also a problem caused by the tax code, itself. More

people are getting caught up in having to do that without even being on welfare of some kind. Too many problems

are caused by government intrusion than are fixed.

I see us on the same sheet, but maybe neither of our ideas can solve what we've gotten into. I have given, and will

continue to give to someone of my choosing, but the forced part I have a problem with. When someone comes up to me

and expects something, no go. When they ask, and it's obvious they need, and don't expect, I usually help out.

You are very correct that it is not a glamorous lifestyle.  This money is going to people who for the most part do not know anything about manageing money.  Give them $20K in February and it will be gone by April, but hey, at least their car will have nice rims!  This standard of living, though in fact not glamorous is adequate to a lot of these people.  I knew a girl that milked it, had 2 kids, lived in the projects, drove a Lexus, and sold drugs to supplement her government income.  She would brag all the time about not having to work a real job.   Made me sick.  One year her refund was more than I made that year.  Now how is that right?

Guest RedLights&Sirens
I think I might rent me a place in Frayser or Orange Mound and trade my Stratus in for a brand new Challenger, have four or five kids and then maybe I can finally live comfortably.
I think " glamorous" is an opinion. I think sitting around getting fed for free, getting my bills payed, and being able to do whatever I want every day is glamorous. I might not be able to afford to do the things others want, but I like sitting around and tinkering and talking.

I know someone with like 5 kids. Works under the table for the most part of the year. Husband makes decent money, probably under the table. Food stamps cover pretty much all the food, free medical for the kids, etc. Last year she got back $15,000 while I paid $15,000. She was bragging about buying here kids atvs. She makes more than I do! I also see people "cutting back" to be able to maintain a work free lifestyle. Only getting basic cable/Internet, buying off brand cigarettes, selling food stamps etc...

I think the welfare should be done at a STATE level. Once it's gone, it's gone. Let people know that they are taking the food out of some else's mouth. Benjamin Franklin said that a nation that supports its people will fail and that it should be done at a family level first, then community, city, and state. I think birth control should be mandatory. I think it should be on a short term unless you're disabled. I think if you get foods stamps and things like that, you pay it back with your income taxes. I see too many people with a better life than the working man, without working for it. Eventually enough people will be standing by with hands out and too little to work a feed them. Ben frank even said that people only work if they had to and the places he'd visited that were the poorest were that way because the people would rather be given the goods than work for them. The scales are already turning toward the lazy. People that work for a living are getting out voted by people that vote for a living. Once the economy crashes, no one is getting supported....

I had an idea once. It came to me during the bailouts. I thought that since the government only allows you to buy certain items with food stamps, why not make the items themselves? I mean the cheese company is making a mint off the government, even if it gives them a better price than the public. The government would be making money on itself putting less burden on the system. Then if they had the workforce comprised of those needling assistance it would be getting something for its money at least. Then again, I don't think I'd trust 100% government food (mostly whats in now) and it seems kinda communistic and a like a forced labor camp.

I may see things differently than some.... Edited by bigbabysweets
Guest MilitiaMan

You made my point better than I did. Thank you.

I think " glamorous" is an opinion. I think sitting around getting fed for free, getting my bills payed, and being able to do whatever I want every day is glamorous. I might not be able to afford to do the things others want, but I like sitting around and tinkering and talking.

I know someone with like 5 kids. Works under the table for the most part of the year. Husband makes decent money, probably under the table. Food stamps cover pretty much all the food, free medical for the kids, etc. Last year she got back $15,000 while I paid $15,000. She was bragging about buying here kids atvs. She makes more than I do! I also see people "cutting back" to be able to maintain a work free lifestyle. Only getting basic cable/Internet, buying off brand cigarettes, selling food stamps etc...

I think the welfare should be done at a STATE level. Once it's gone, it's gone. Let people know that they are taking the food out of some else's mouth. Benjamin Franklin said that a nation that supports its people will fail and that it should be done at a family level first, then community, city, and state. I think birth control should be mandatory. I think it should be on a short term unless you're disabled. I think if you get foods stamps and things like that, you pay it back with your income taxes. I see too many people with a better life than the working man, without working for it. Eventually enough people will be standing by with hands out and too little to work a feed them. Ben frank even said that people only work if they had to and the places he'd visited that were the poorest were that way because the people would rather be given the goods than work for them. The scales are already turning toward the lazy. People that work for a living are getting out voted by people that vote for a living. Once the economy crashes, no one is getting supported....

I had an idea once. It came to me during the bailouts. I thought that since the government only allows you to buy certain items with food stamps, why not make the items themselves? I mean the cheese company is making a mint off the government, even if it gives them a better price than the public. The government would be making money on itself putting less burden on the system. Then if they had the workforce comprised of those needling assistance it would be getting something for its money at least. Then again, I don't think I'd trust 100% government food (mostly whats in now) and it seems kinda communistic and a like a forced labor camp.

I may see things differently than some....