Guest GUTTERbOY

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GUTTERbOY
I watched that. Very good racing.

Two comments:

1. The "Butt Cam" was really weird and not pleasant.

2. It was one hell of a lot better without the idiotic music on the video.

I dunno, the music wasn't any worse than that CBS announcer. Dude sounded like he was stolen from WWE or something... but I can't complain too much. It's not all that often that MotoGP shows up on network TV.

Guest GUTTERbOY

I dunno about Stoner. The kid can sure ride... he is the defending champ, after all, but he seems prone to whining. He wouldn't even shake Rossi's hand after Sunday's race, and complained about Rossi being aggressive. Aggressive? It's a friggin race! OK the dirt pass was a bit much, but I'm relatively certain that wasn't intentional.

Thing was, Stoner had a better bike all weekend and was definitely the favorite for the race... but Rossi brought his A-game, and even a faster bike wasn't enough for Stoner to get out front and stay there. Rossi was smooth as silk, where Stoner seemed to be trying just a little to hard- I saw him come close to highsiding several times.

Apparently the next race in August is going to be on CBS as well. I'll be setting that time aside in my schedule...

How do they keep the bike under them when they corner like that?????

I watched a couple of races long ago...when the knee was close to the ground...not the shoulder

Very good and very expensive rubber...

I've wondered the same thing. I don't care how good the rubber is, it just looks like it shouldn't hold at those angles and that speed!;) I do know the actually wear knee pads that allow them to corner on them if they need to.

Guest GUTTERbOY

Well, a detailed discussion of the physics involved would be a bit much to put together here. Suffice it to say that a two-wheeled vehicle cannot turn without leaning, and that the required lean angle increases in response to lateral acceleration... which is in turn dependent upon how tight the turn is, how fast you're going through the turn, and how much you accelerate during the turn.

Beyond that, at those kinds of extreme lean angles, previously minor issues can become big ones. Ever wonder why sportbikes have the pegs so far up and back, or why underseat exhausts are becoming so popular? Well, if you're burning through a turn at the edge of traction, and you touch a peg or an exhaust can to the pavement, that might be all it takes to lever some weight off the front tire and send you sliding across the pavement.

How do they keep the bike under them when they corner like that?????

I watched a couple of races long ago...when the knee was close to the ground...not the shoulder

Well, when I'm doing it, say turn 5 at Barber or turn 10 at Road Atlanta, at roughly 115 or so (never looked) I do it by transferring my body around the bike to counterbalance the weight while keeping as much of the rubber in contact as possible.

You put you knee down not for balance but more of a 'feeler point' to let you know where you are.

Guest recoveryman1

pretty much like jwp said its all bout ballence and the knee is a feeler but it can help if the time comes i had a bad habit of spinnin the rear tire at nashville comin ontothe back strech and my knee is what kept the bike from low sideing like i said a bad habit but the pucks are there for a reason

jwp you still racin?

If you want to see some awesome racing check out the KTM Rookie Series races they held as well. Both race finishes were almost too close to call (.00100 of a second) and they were banging each other around on the final straight.

Well, when I'm doing it, say turn 5 at Barber or turn 10 at Road Atlanta, at roughly 115 or so (never looked) I do it by transferring my body around the bike to counterbalance the weight while keeping as much of the rubber in contact as possible.

You put you knee down not for balance but more of a 'feeler point' to let you know where you are.

When I do it at about 30 or so (I have looked) I don't need to do all of that!

Guest NormShaver
I dunno, the music wasn't any worse than that CBS announcer. Dude sounded like he was stolen from WWE or something... but I can't complain too much. It's not all that often that MotoGP shows up on network TV.

good ol greg white should stick to the paddock for speedTV