I heard this on Memphis radio this AM

Guest pjblurton

Guest pjblurton

I was competely blown away while listening to Rock 103 this morning. The topic of carrying handguns came up and the DJ's were not informed on the topic and were taking calls from people. I listed some of the quotes I heard from them below:

"It's now legal to carry in a restaurant that doesn't derive more than 50% of thier income from the sale of alcohol and has been since I took my CCW class over a year ago"

"Tennessee's permit is a Concealed Carry Permit which means you have to keep our weapon concealed at all times"

"You can carry a loaded handgun in your car as long as it is kept in plain sight without a permit"

"I saw this plain clothes police officer one time in a restaurant while carrying openly, sit down and drink several beers with his dinner"

Almost all of these statements were preceded by the statement, "I got a buddy who's is a police officer who told me", blah blah blah....

One guy finnaly called in who was begging people to look the laws up for themselves and get thier facts right. BTW, he was the one who said it was a "concealed weapons permit"....

Phenomenal... What is wrong with these people!!!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason I listen to XM.

Which is owned by Clear Channel, which owns WEGR "Rock 103" in Memphis.

It's all connected. There is no escape. Resistance is futile.

Only for a little while longer. Sirius has bought them out (or will be).

It's more of a merger. Has to be. Only way for the non-terrestrial broadcast medium to actually work.

Of course it still has to pass the DOJ 'sniff test' and get the blessing of the FCC, which I think the window for comments is about to come to a close without too much commotion from local broadcasters.

Guest jackdog

As confused as some people are with TN gun laws I'm not surprised. I can see it now, gun on the front seat no permit. But officer the guy on the radio show said...............

Under arrest for what, this restaurant gets less than 50% of it's income from booze.........

Dammit I was told this by the radio show.....those cuffs are to damn tight I'll sue you and the f...ing city.

Damn this is gonna be funny as hell maybe even priceless.

It's more of a merger. Has to be. Only way for the non-terrestrial broadcast medium to actually work.

Of course it still has to pass the DOJ 'sniff test' and get the blessing of the FCC, which I think the window for comments is about to come to a close without too much commotion from local broadcasters.

The DOJ gave their approval back in March of this year. Just last month, inside sources leaked information saying they (FCC) have also approved the merger, but this hasn't been released to the public as of yet. Even though many refer to the deal as a "merger of equals", Sirius will actually acquire XM for nearly $5 billion in stock. I guess merger just sounds a bit more innocent to those who are or may be against the deal.

To help ensure the FCC's approval, Sirius/XM argeed to GIVE 20 something (28, I think) channels to the "minorities", due to growing pressure from the Congressional Black Caucus. At first they agreed to only 12 channels, but that wasn't enough free stuff for them. Per usual, they are always looking for a handout. I can't say for sure, but I'm sure Sirius/XM only agreed to this, because they're sure those channels won't last long. With 95% of people still listening to free radio, the minorities won't have the funds to support the channels they were given.

A huge plus to the whole merger, is the fact that Sirius CEO Mel Karmazin will retain his CEO title after the merger. XM CEO Hugh Panero stepped down last year. If I remember correctly, XM chairman Gary Parsons will remain the chairman after the merger is complete.

Guest superslacker

If you want to listen to informed, intelligent people, listen to AM 600. They're about the only radio station worth listening to in the morning in Memphis, IMO, but on occasion Drake and Zeke are pretty good too.

A huge plus to the whole merger, is the fact that Sirius CEO Mel Karmazin will retain his CEO title after the merger. XM CEO Hugh Panero stepped down last year. If I remember correctly, XM chairman Gary Parsons will remain the chairman after the merger is complete.

Mel makes me laugh.

Guest pjblurton

These idiots don't care about correct information. They are just looking for issues to poke fun at for a few yuks!BadDog was asking people that said they had permits if they get to cut infront of people in the check out line of the grocery store.Stupidity running amok!I don't care for Drew and Zippy either. Those morons jumped on the liberal train when they moved to 98!

Guest jcramin

OMG I was listening to that too and i was laughin so hard at these people who had no CLUE... Once guy talking about how TN has a CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT damn obviously he does not have one because all he had to do is look at it and see he doesnt say CONCEALED anywhere on it... OMG it was sad

I am a Sirius Radio guy myself. I Love it.

Most people...I mean sheeple have no clue about gun laws and carry permits.

They watch shows like CSI and NYPD Blue and what not, that are based in Cities where there are strict gun laws...and they hear terms like "It is illegal to own a gun withing the city limits"...."Regular people aren't allowed to have these types of guns" and so on.

There are a lot of people who believe anything that is on TV.

I actually called in about 6 months ago when they did the same topic. I went over all the laws, open carry, intent, ability, jeopardy, etc. i was on talking for about 10 minutes straight. I talked to Rick and Bad Dog (John) I guess they just forgot... :screwy: They do the stuff for ratings and to fill air time, I think Zeke of Drake and Zeke has a permit if not both of them.

Guest Revelator

"I think Zeke of Drake and Zeke has a permit if not both of them."

I'd love to just spend an afternoon with those guys shooting stuff. I imagine any time spent with them would also involve lots of chicken and beer.

Guest superslacker
I don't care for Drew and Zippy either. Those morons jumped on the liberal train when they moved to 98!

I can't argue with that.:screwy:

Guest justaman30
Sounds like a bunch of morons who just wanted to hear themselves on the radio.:blush:

Yep. That's why radio stations talk that crap anyway, to make people listen and call in. Boosts the listener base and ratings. :stare:

Guest HexHead
I was competely blown away while listening to Rock 103 this morning. The topic of carrying handguns came up and the DJ's were not informed on the topic and were taking calls from people. I listed some of the quotes I heard from them below:

"It's now legal to carry in a restaurant that doesn't derive more than 50% of thier income from the sale of alcohol and has been since I took my CCW class over a year ago"

Since it was a Memphis radio station, the caller may have been from Mississippi...

Their prohibited places include:

"Any portion of an establishment, licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on

the premises, that is primarily devoted to dispensing alcoholic beverages; any portion of an

establishment in which beer or

light wine is consumed on the premises, that is primarily devoted to such purpose;"

They have sensible laws there. :blush:

Guest nraforlife
Yep. That's why radio stations talk that crap anyway, to make people listen and call in. Boosts the listener base and ratings. :D

Heard on the radio that Memphis was a nice place to live also - LOL

If you want to listen to informed, intelligent people, listen to AM 600. They're about the only radio station worth listening to in the morning in Memphis, IMO, but on occasion Drake and Zeke are pretty good too.

Ben Ferguson is wrong almost every morning.

"Tennessee's permit is a Concealed Carry Permit which means you have to keep our weapon concealed at all times"

"You can carry a loaded handgun in your car as long as it is kept in plain sight without a permit"

"I saw this plain clothes police officer one time in a restaurant while carrying openly, sit down and drink several beers with his dinner"

Almost all of these statements were preceded by the statement, "I got a buddy who's is a police officer who told me", blah blah blah....

One guy finnaly called in who was begging people to look the laws up for themselves and get thier facts right. BTW, he was the one who said it was a "concealed weapons permit"....

Phenomenal... What is wrong with these people!!!

Fortunately for these people ignorance is not against the law!

Lucky for all of those Obama supporters, too.