"My life was in danger 'cause his window was down"

Guest confidence

Here’s a piece of advice… Don’t make a confession to the news cameras after you have been arrested for felony aggravated assault. biggrin.gif  So much for having a carry permit or being a security guard.

• Like 1
Guest carter

....ain't nobody got time for that

Young is an idiot... you can NOT "think" the other person is going for a gun... he's going down in flames for talking with the media, 

1. why did Young exit his vehicle, Scott might of takin that as a sign of aggression

2. did Young have his gun drawn upon exiting his vehicle, or after Scott was driving towards him

all this doesn't make a lick of  sense, Young is the one that exited his vehicle, Young "thought" Scott was leaning over to "perhaps" go for a weapon "presumably" a gun...then in the middle of all of this Scott starts driving towards Young who has a gun pointed at him? OMFG

Edited by carter
Unfortunately, I read and hear comments from gun owners who indicate they would respond the same way under similar circumstances, including some on TGO from time to time. When you encounter those people who immediately respond to a scenario with "I'd just shoot the SOB" think of this story.
  • Like 1
Guest carter

i had a run  in with a person in rage mode... i was pulling out of chili's parking lot...and evidently this guy didn't think i saw him and i was going to pull out in front of him ...but i saw him and stopped and let him go...he honked his horn at me...i returned with a middle finger gesture and went on my way...well i was pulling out and was behind him... he stops in the middle of the road, gets out his car and starts to walk towards my car...well i call 911 and put my car in reverse, he got closer and i backed away and stopped, he came at me again... i again backed away... he eventually returned to his car and drove off, i was talking to a dispatcher the hole time and told her what happened... she acted like it was my fault... but nothing ever came of it and if he did pull a gun on me for giving him the middle finger i would of run his butt over

I have a question for the LEO readers of this thread. Why was the shooter charged with aggravated assault? If you throw a punch at somebody that's aggravated assault. This guy fired fifteen rounds into the car, broke out lots of glass and grazed the victim's head. 

Isn't that something more like attempted homicide? 

• Like 1

I have a question for the LEO readers of this thread. Why was the shooter charged with aggravated assault? If you throw a punch at somebody that's aggravated assault. This guy fired fifteen rounds into the car, broke out lots of glass and grazed the victim's head. 

Isn't that something more like attempted homicide? 

Criminal Intent and state of mind.

I don’t know how they work it there, but where I was we couldn’t charge anyone with murder or attempted murder; only the DA could. (That wasn’t the law; it was just the policy) If you shot someone we charged aggravated battery. You couldn’t bond without going before a Judge. The DA would decide if he wanted to charge murder/ attempted murder/aggravated Battery.

Throwing a punch in this state is assault, a misdemeanor. Aggravated assault involves weapons or serious bodily injury.

I think in this state the charge of aggravated assault can carry as much time as attempted murder, but I’m not sure.

Guest KiloFive
In our county, agg assault was a slam dunk because you didn't have to prove homicidal intent. Sentences were virtually the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks DaveTN and KiloFive. I looked on the Tn gov site and it's hard to find a distinct line between agg assault and something more serious. But when I think about the guy sitting in the car with 15 shots fired at him and one hitting his head, if I were him I would want some serious charges against the shooter. 

Guest MilitiaMan

Flashed his badge? They should add the charge of impersonating law enforcement.  Security guard does not equal police. Moron.

Well, if there's any silver lining to this kind of crap it's good to see the idiot HCP holders weeding themselves out.

Criminal Intent and state of mind.

I don’t know how they work it there, but where I was we couldn’t charge anyone with murder or attempted murder; only the DA could. (That wasn’t the law; it was just the policy) If you shot someone we charged aggravated battery. You couldn’t bond without going before a Judge. The DA would decide if he wanted to charge murder/ attempted murder/aggravated Battery.

Throwing a punch in this state is assault, a misdemeanor. Aggravated assault involves weapons or serious bodily injury.

I think in this state the charge of aggravated assault can carry as much time as attempted murder, but I’m not sure.

I'd like some clarification on assault vs battery. IIRC, you can assault someone without even touching them (e.g. throwing a punch vs landing a punch)?

Does this same hold true for agg. assault (i.e. you attempted to use a weapon on them)?

I'd like some clarification on assault vs battery. IIRC, you can assault someone without even touching them (e.g. throwing a punch vs landing a punch)?

Does this same hold true for agg. assault (i.e. you attempted to use a weapon on them)?

In the states that use assault/battery wording, assault generally is words or threats where battery is contact. Aggravated assault would be threatening someone with a gun; aggravated battery would be shooting them with it, or in some states committing a battery while armed with a deadly weapon.

As best I can tell Tennessee doesn’t use the term “battery”. Both threat’s and contact are “assaults” There are progressing levels of assault depending on the threat or the damage. Punching your neighbor could be misdemeanor assault, while punching him and then breaking his arm could be felony assault. Threatening someone with a gun when you are not justified would be felony assault.

• Like 1