Blackberries

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Grout
Never tried blackberry jelly (or jam) on a sausage biscuit, but get you a sausage biscuit from micky d's or anywhere else and get some grape jelly from them and plaster it on. It makes even micky d's sausage taste edible.

That's why there's a Hardees everywhere.McDonalds breakfast sucks.Even Krystal has a better breakfast tham McD.

I'm not all to fond of blackberries,but I do loves mes some mole berries!

I have a nice mole berry tree that spits out a massive amount of berries only the squires seem to get to them first :rant:

I was at Hardees one morning in Bridgeport Al. and some body ordered a biscuit with mayonase and tomato.I bout puked.:P

Im all for a breakfast sandmissh with mayo,and mator,but not on a biscuit!

so the blackberry jam has been made and boy let me tell you it is out of this world!! YUM YUM

It was all I could do to stay out of it until it had set for twelve hours in the jars. not sure why you gotta wait twelve hours but the boss said to wait and I ain't arguing with her. I might have done the pickin but she turned it into the gooey delisciousness. It was well worth the wait. I fried up some sausage patties, fried a couple of hamburger buns, made a couple of scrambled egg patties with cheese on them. Put it all together and topped it off with a healthy dollop of blackberry jam.

I feel like I died an went to culinary heaven.

Got a huge bonus last night too. She made meatloaf for dinner, (don't get me started on her meatloaf, I might burn in hell for how sinfully good it is) But as we were at the table eating I heard the oven click. You know the sound they make when they are heated up to temperature. I asked if she forgot to turn it off. The answer was no. I asked what she was making. The answer I got was just what I was hoping for. There was blackberry cobbler working inside the oven. Hoooeeeee!!

So it came time for desert and the cobbler was awesome, but different than she has made before. I asked how she did it and she pretty much described Mars recipe for Mtn pie. Just flour and butter and such as in Mars list of ingedients. Now I know for a fact she does not read this site and I never mentioned Mars recipe to her. Kind of interesting that she already knew it. Made it off the top of her head, no recipe or cookbook needed.

Can't wait for leftover night!

Guest shortfri

I love to cook also. That's because i love to eat. around my house i have two choices, cook or takeout. Called my father tonight and he said they were bushoging all the berry brairs.

The Mountain Pie thing has been around for decades. Once you make it a couple of times, you don't need the recipe.

BTW, I need a good meatloaf recipe....

Meatloaf:

3 lbs of Hb meat

1 pk of liption onion soup mix

4 tbls ranch dressing

4 eggs

1 can tomato sauce

about 2 cups oatmeal (may need a little more or less depends on how the meat holds together)

mix all together

make 2 loafs ( I place them on a "rack" so the grease will drain off and you get meatloaf and not greasy souse meat).

trim top of meatloafs with rings of green bell peppers.

bake for 1.25 hrs @ 350.00 (if you make it all in 1 loaf then add 1/2 hr to cooking time)

Enjoy.;)

Thats how one makes meat loaf eh!?

I always thought it was:

one pack hamburger[reads any size]

one half bottle catsup [reads any size bottle]

one helluva scoop garlic

Cook till not bleeding

Oh,did I mention I'm not married

Edited by strickj
Thats how one makes meat loaf eh!?

I always thought it was:

one pack hamburger[reads any size]

one half bottle catsup [reads any size bottle]

one helluva scoop garlic

Cook till not bleeding

Oh,did I mention I'm not married

If and when you meet the "woman of your dreams," you may want to think twice before fixing this dish for her . . .

Strick I am not coming to your place for dinner, LOL

I can't get a recipe out of the wife for meatloaf. Seems there is not one in existance. It is all done off the top of her head and depends on how big the lump of ground beef appears.

I know she mentioned using A-1 sauce in it this time insted of Worcestshire. And I know she uses some onion soup mix. Other than that my eyes would be cut out if I saw too many details of how she does it.

Nothing like a woman that can cook, I got real lucky there.

Most of the time I make up recipes myself. I check a dozen cookbooks, or more often these days do a search online. That gives me a list of possible ingredients that I pick from. I hadn't seen the A1 sauce before. I have a bottle in the refrigerator and didn't know what to do with it. Being a Scottish-American :P I couldn't throw it away but think steak sauce is an abomination on any steak I'd want to eat. My ex used it on her cremated steaks. But I can see it in a meatloaf.

Guest shortfri

Well I didn't make it to the freezer till today. But i'm now setting, typeing and enjoying a bowl of mountain berry pie. This after eating a late lunch at demos. in the movie and book ride with the devil, the caracter played by toby Mcquire states those were good eating days. I think i'm haveing a good eating day. I now have a favorite new dessert.