My Saiga 12 is pretty much done

It now is one complete color.

The only thing left to do is chop the barrel and permenently attach the flash hider back to 18.25". I am going to replace the front handguard with something else, just haven't decided what yet. I am thinking about a Saiga rifle forearm with the angled front.

Thos are HK sights that are TIG's in place (thanks Patrick, It has a TAC47 auto plug (thanks RED333), the side rail was removed and the holes left welded closed, I used a dual hook trigger to make a custom trigger that feels better than any other AK I have ever pulled. The bolt has been profiled and polished with reliability in mind. It has a CSS gas puck (it was easier to order than make one), That is a ACE folder that is 8.5" long with a 1/2" pad and the grip is a MD Arms Molot style. That is a 10 round SGM magazine sticking out the bottom.

I put a few hundreds round through it yesterday before painting and now I realized how much I missed having one.

IMG_0046_zpsa2b6fd3e.jpg
IMG_0047_zpsec972151.jpg
IMG_0048_zpsf69b2646.jpg
IMG_0050_zps58a22814.jpg

Enjoy

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Very Sweet. It looks awesome. I don't usually like folders, but this one could change my mind.

I missed getting the one you built that was available lately. Could I get in line to snag this one?

I just know you'll want to build another, or something even better. :pleased:

I am actually looking for a push button folder. This one works great and locks up solid but it can be a pain to unlock it.

I looked at the various rails but I wanted the gun as light as possible.

The SGM's work as good as the other mags I have. I have a factory 5 rounder, a few 5 round Keep Shooting mags, a few ProMags and some 10 round SGM's. I prefer stick mags to drum mags. I am going to cut one of the SGM's down to 8 rounds to make it a little more manageable. You can also cut the ProMags down to 5 rounds if you want to.

Dolomite

I am actually looking for a push button folder. This one works great and locks up solid but it can be a pain to unlock it.

I looked at the various rails but I wanted the gun as light as possible.

The SGM's work as good as the other mags I have. I have a factory 5 rounder, a few 5 round Keep Shooting mags, a few ProMags and some 10 round SGM's. I prefer stick mags to drum mags. I am going to cut one of the SGM's down to 8 rounds to make it a little more manageable. You can also cut the ProMags down to 5 rounds if you want to.

Dolomite

Have you put a coat of lube on the Ace hinge ?  Mine is *much* easier with Rem Oil on all the contact surfaces (on the spring too)

I greased the crap out of it with moly grease. It helped a lot but it is still hard for me because of spring pressures.

The grease may be too heavy, but more importantly, make sure that shaft has plenty of *light* oil on it (perhaps penetrating or Kroil).  On mine, it is now loose enough that a mild downward whack with the palm of my hand will disengage (brace the bottom of hand grip against your thigh, knee or other surface when whacking). Then, with pressure still applied, I rotate my wrist to flip the hinge. 

I was like you, looking for the button model, until I got the right lube in the right places 

Hope this helps in the interim until you find the new one.

Edited by R_Bert