New S&W "Heller" commemorative

Guest Major Pain

Guest Major Pain

Been doing a little surfing the net and ran across a little info on a new S&W revolver coming out in the fall. Its a blue 442 to commemorate the "Heller decision". Has a laser etching of the scales of justice with Heller weighing heavy and DC light. Also has etching with "Right to Keep and Bear Arms". Only thing about price was in $450 range. Some of the revenue generated is going to support the 2nd amendment rights and future court costs. Anyone know more about this revolver?--MP

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18

Wow, that's something. I'd be psyched if I had my name engraved on a production line firearm like that. Of course Mr. Heller is already pretty dang well known in our circle.

Guest Major Pain

From what I could find, they were originally going to make 6 for the main people involved in the case, but with more thought they decided to market to public.--MP

Guest eyebedam

Have you found any pics of this or the prototype? Alot of stores list the 642 & 442 for 450.00 so it doesnt really seem out of line for price.

Guest Major Pain

Have found some pics on The Firing Line forum, under handguns thread. Sorry not computer savvy enough yet to figure out how to post link.(old guy still learning). Mods if not allowed to mention other forums please delete.---MP

Guest Major Pain

In original post I said revolver was blued. My bad, the article said black with laser etching that showed as silver.--MP

Guest eyebedam
if retail is $450... then wholsale should be around $340

Are you gonna order a bunch of the & have a tgo 369.00 special on these puppies? Ill want 1 if so.

On another topic I saw you getting out of your truck the other day with a knee brace or something on. Is your leg ok? I had knee problems once before & it sucked.

soon as they become available I'll let you guys know and I'll cut ya a special deal.

On the brace, yea I blew my knee out again this past Sunday. Looks like I'm going to have to have some kind of surgery on it in the next month. Right now were just trying to get the swelling down. I blew it out bad back in November, but we chose a long rehab instead of surgery... well the rehab didnt take because it happened again.

Time will tell... Thanks for asking.

soon as they become available I'll let you guys know and I'll cut ya a special deal.

On the brace, yea I blew my knee out again this past Sunday. Looks like I'm going to have to have some kind of surgery on it in the next month. Right now were just trying to get the swelling down. I blew it out bad back in November, but we chose a long rehab instead of surgery... well the rehab didnt take because it happened again.

Time will tell... Thanks for asking.

Very, very sorry about your knee . . . good luck, and as hard as it sounds, be patient!

To: All Smith & Wesson Dealers

Date: July 21, 2008

Subject: Second Amendment Foundation Commemorative

To recognize the historical Supreme Court ruling of District of Columbia vs. Heller, Smith & Wesson is roud to present:

The Model 442 - Second Amendment Foundation Commemorative

This special gun was introduced over the weekend on the Tom Gresham radio program "Gun Talk" ttp://www.guntalk.com.

The "Shooting Wire" also featured the gun during this mornings programming, ttp://www.shootingwire.com.

The gun features a one of a kind laser engraved scale of justice with the words "D.C. vs. Heller" across he scale and the court date of June 26, 2008 positioned across the top. Underneath the scale the side late reads Second Amendment and "The right to keep and bear arms".

Smith & Wesson will direct a portion of the proceeds to the Second Amendment Foundation, to cknowledge the organizations pivotal role in the Heller case and it's ongoing efforts to preserve the econd Amendment rights of U.S. citizens.

Orders are presently being accepted for August delivery.

The ordering information is as follows:

SKU# 150505 Suggested Retail: $575

Looks like our wholesale price is going to be more then I thought.

Guest eyebedam

I guess they had to make up there profit to cover the amounts there donating. Still its a sweet looking 442. Let us know when you get 1 in.