I've lost my mind

jphillips63

Really for years I always said I'd never spend 2500.00 for a handgun of any sort. Well with help from you folks and your advice on my next 1911 purchase I made my decision today on what my next 1911 will be. I will say I hunted high and low for a DW V Bob and all I could find was a used one from Wilson Tactical on Gun Broker and dang near the cost of a new one. So I figured if I was going to consider a New DW at the cost of around 2 grand I just as well buy into a full custom built just for me.

What I had chosen is an Ed Brown Special Forces Carry with Gen III coating fixed night sites Flush barrel my very own serial number and I added my last name to the bushing, and the recessed slide stop. The grand total of this I'm going to say investment cost me 2810.00 shipped to my door in oh 6-8 months. I am purchasing this handgun thru Hammond's Gun and Tackle. Jerry was a pleasure to work with and talk to on placing my order and he had helped me with all the questions I had. I highly recommend him to you folks if you are ever in the market for a custom built 1911.

Thanks to you all for answering my questions and giving advice on my next purchase and although I went against what I have always said on spending what I just did for one, once I saw one at the outpost I knew then I had to have one.     

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bassman17SC

Congratulations on the order.  Jerry Hammond is a fine man and a fine dealer for EB.  When I finally get enough scratch to get a true custom EB, I will most likely order from Jerry.  However, i will go see Dennis at Guns and Leather first, since they are also an EB dealer.

I currently own two EBs - a Kobra Carry and a Special Forces 5" model (nothing custom on either of them).  That SF is the softest shooting 1911 I've ever held.

You have not lost your mind.

Oh, please post pics ASAP when she arrives!

Congrats on getting what you want.
Sorry, 2800 dollars, not me, I am a cheap SOB.
500 dollar Glock and 2000 dollars of ammo.

Without ammo you would have a $500.00 Glock hammer ;) Edited by joesig

yea it's gonna be tough on the wait but it should make for a nice christmas gift to myself. Thats the best I can do at the wait is justify it being a christmas gift lol... Outpost armory had some in stock and they tried to pull a big one over on me by justifying the diffrences in finishes between the Kobra carry and special forces carry and the 300.00 price tag difference when all the time I knew better. They're both the same weapon just the checkering is different between the two....

I wish I had the patience to wait that long. Nice buy, you won't regret it.

I've never liked dealing with them to be honest. I'll go see if they have what I'm looking for and if so I'll handle it and look it over and purchase it elsewhere. Most of there prices are over suggested retail if one does there homework they will see this to. The guy I was talking to about the Ed Browns when he told me why the SF was higher than the Kobra I told him he was wrong that EB has three coatings the Grey the Gen III and all Stainless. and you can get them in any combo. He took the handgun from me and put it away and walked away. Those guys marked up the Special Forces just because it said SF on the slide, nothing more I bet my entire collection on it.

Also another fact on the crew there, they were buying walmart ammo right off the trucks around back in several locations and selling in there store at marked up prices.

I'm sorry they may be a sponsor here but one thing is I'll call out shady dealings in a heart beat and as far as I'm concerned the Outpost is probably one of the most crooked and dishonest gun shops in middle TN, now some of the guys there are nice and I've enjoyed conversations with them but there business practices are nothing to brag over. 

Is it just me, or is the Outpost Armory beginning to get a bit of a negative rep?