Wood grip help off Ebay

Im a new member and really new to the handgun world. Im a fisherman at heart and am learning that this is just as addictive. Anyway, last night I bought a CZ 83 380 from a member on the forum, then qualified with it today for my CC. Im jumping in feet first.

Bottom line I would like wood grips for it, and am an EBAY fanatic. DO these look decent to you? What are the pitfalls of buying wood vs. plastic?

By the way, the first time I fired that CZ was to qualify, 1st thank God it fired and I didnt look like an idiot. 2nd, for my skill level I havent been more accurate from that short distance with a different gun. Very smooth.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang it, I guess ive been celebrating my CC class too much tonight.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CZ-82-83-walnut-premium-GRIP_W0QQitemZ180266655441QQihZ008QQcategoryZ383QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Also are there better woods than others? There is another listing for checkered wattle (Black Locust) in red finish that look VERY GOOD for 50$

I know im putting a lot of money in a grip for an inexpencive gun but for its performance today I think it will be a great gun.

I like these better. Did you realize the seller is located in BUDAPEST?

I did. I "jumped the gun" and got the second ones. (I still want your opinions, call me an idiot you wont be the first or second) I couldnt wait. And being in budapest is fine I guess shipping was only 7$ and I paid through paypal so im secure on my investment if im not happy.

Ive had to get paypal to intervene before.

I searched the net and couldnt find anything worth a darn for grips for the CZ other than on Ebay. Seems that CZ is a hard company to corner on things.

BTW this will not be my carry gun. Ive got a little SW .38 airlight that will go in the pocket much easier. Although from what I can tell this CZ would do just fine and is much more accurate at a distance.

As long as you're happy with the purchase.

I didn't realize shipping would be that cheap. Now I see just how ridiculous some Ebayers are on their shipping charges. I've paid nearly triple that price for an item that didn't weight 1.5lbs.

As far as finding parts for your CZ, keep an eye on sites like GunBroker.com and GunsAmerica.com. You can also check out your local gun shows.

I could be getting taken but I havent gotten burned on Ebay yet..... Knock on wood. They have 100% feedback. I guess my question was about the wood. Has anyone ever had wattle (Black Locust) as a grip before?

I looked it up on wikipedia and it looks like a good hard wood, I am just not fimiliar with it.

I could be getting taken but I havent gotten burned on Ebay yet..... Knock on wood. They have 100% feedback. I guess my question was about the wood. Has anyone ever had wattle (Black Locust) as a grip before?

I looked it up on wikipedia and it looks like a good hard wood, I am just not fimiliar with it.

I'm sure you'll be fine. I would venture to say, if someone is going to screw you out of money on Ebay, it probably wouldn't be over a set of $40-$50 grips for a CZ.