Kerry Commits U.S. To U.N. Arms Trade Treaty Gun Ban

Guest FTNWO

I haven't started triangulating for the 2016 political Oscars and Emmys, yet, but I won't go over 30% of the country

like her. Wherever you saw that poll, it would be quite interesting to see how they came up with that result.

Hildebeest is the most admired woman of the 21st century by poll after poll.

The nomination is hers if she wants it. Assuming she does (which I'd 'bout bet the farm on) unless her health goes south or Bad Things happen for everyone to turn the tide away from the Dems, she's your next President.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

The nomination is hers if she wants it. Assuming she does (which I'd 'bout bet the farm on) unless her health goes south or Bad Things happen for everyone to turn the tide away from the Dems, she's your next President.

- OS

Probably, which brings me to the following question.  During the primaries, should Republicans imploy the twice failed Rovian/establishment strategy of voting for a candidate that would match up best against the other party, i.e. a RINO, or should the Republicans vote for someone who holds truest to the fundamentals of Constitution? 

If we are gonna go down, we might as well go down supporting someone with whom we share similiar views.

• Like 1

Probably, which brings me to the following question.  During the primaries, should Republicans imploy the twice failed Rovian/establishment strategy of voting for a candidate that would match up best against the other party, i.e. a RINO, or should the Republicans vote for someone who holds truest to the fundamentals of Constitution? 

If we are gonna go down, we might as well go down supporting someone with whom we share similiar views.

A conundrum to be sure. Who was the last real conservative that won the presidency? Reagan was closest to it, I guess, but he was no real friend of firearm rights.

I'm thinking that anyone much more conservative than Romney doesn't stand a chance in this country until we have the Big Pain to reset the "progressive" namby-pamby ethos. Romney could have won by default what with the wide disenchantment over Obama, but lost not because of his (ever changing) ideology, but simply because just not enough people actually liked or trusted him on a personal level.

A true conservative in the vein of a Rand Paul or Ted Cruz would fare about like Goldwater did way back when, and hell,  that was in a more generally conservative time overall, too.

- OS

I wonder what George Washington & Thomas Jefferson would think of this treaty & the *cough* Americans *cough* pushing for our government to sign it, essentially "backdooring" the 2nd Amendment ...

I am guessing they'd be really, really pissed off.

A conundrum to be sure. Who was the last real conservative that won the presidency? Reagan was closest to it, I guess, but he was no real friend of firearm rights.

I'm thinking that anyone much more conservative than Romney doesn't stand a chance in this country until we have the Big Pain to reset the "progressive" namby-pamby ethos. Romney could have won by default what with the wide disenchantment over Obama, but lost not because of his (ever changing) ideology, but simply because just not enough people actually liked or trusted him on a personal level.

A true conservative in the vein of a Rand Paul or Ted Cruz would fare about like Goldwater did way back when, and hell, that was in a more generally conservative time overall, too.

- OS

Agreed, unfortunately conservatives ... true conservatives are a rare breed these days, unelectable on a national level because things like actually believing in freedom & the Constitution is considered "extremist" by a large portion of our populace.

We are in serious trouble, of that I have no doubt.
  • Like 1

Not so sure since a poll has Hilary with a favorability showing of 66 per cent of country. That means a lot of dumba** Republican voters have a favorable view of Hilary. The voters of this country are one bunch of stupid people.

- OS

Looks like you two were saying the same thing.  :-\

US Stenate vote 53-46 to against UN Arms Trade Treaty

Won't be the final word on it, as was only a resolution to a budget bill, which is also a resolution, not law. And this one won't pass in the House anyway.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
Guest 6.8 AR

It was on O'Reilly tonight, and they were the Gallup, and Washington Post/ABC polls. Do a Bing search.

I understand. But they didn't do very well in this last election cycle. Well, none of them did.

Guest 6.8 AR

Won't be the final word on it, as was only a resolution to a budget bill, which is also a resolution, not law. And this one won't pass in the House anyway.

- OS

That resolution really makes me scratch my head. Congress can't, legitimately, trump an amendment to the Constitution,

either way. That's why it's an amendment. Even the treaty process is decidedly difficult to prevent the ease of the process

to pass.

Guest 6.8 AR

- OS

Being the most admired woman in the polls may mean something to someone, but I still don't buy her being a shoe in.

The Obamas and the Clintons don't have any love for each other. Even though the Imperial One should be stepping down in

2016, he has power, like Democrats savor, and they do like to make kings and queens. Hillary is possible, but not a shoe in.

Those polls you watch are the problem, Mac. They are something until they aren't. Time sensitive pieces of a liberal political

orgasm. Besides, she made some very good material available to the contenders, as long as Karl Rove isn't in charge.

Hillary means exactly nothing to me until about 2015. Boring woman. Drab. Has no fashion sense or anything else.

Guest 6.8 AR

Try this one on. We have a financial meltdown. Wall Street loses 10,000 points. Europe is confiscating money(Damn, already

happening), Iran plays their God on us with nukes, or, God forbid, our own liberal progressives EMP us, like in Lights OUT(my

thought, anyway.)

Just one or more of the above happens and you will be saying Hillary Who? :D That's my reasoning behind anyone's popularity

having meaning, because the only one who counts is the fool in the White House, and that is scary enough.

The budget bill the Senate passed, will be used as toilet paper in the House of Representatives Mens room by Nancy Pelosi.

By Pelosi? The Senate budget is the Dem supported version, how do you think it passed there?

- OS

- OS

This.

It is a done deal as things stand now.   A lot of people will remember the favorable finances a lot of people enjoyed when Wild Bill was in office.  She will get credit for that.  And of course now that we have our second black president an awful lot fo people will want the first woman president.

Heck unless someone like Rand Paul is running I may well vote for her.,

Boring woman. Drab. Has no fashion sense or anything else.

Even my wife likes how she dresses.  Her fashion sense plays to her audience.

I wish she would ask me if her pants suits make her ass look big.  I would give her an honest answer.  ( Hillary. not my wife mind you ;) )

This.

It is a done deal as things stand now.   A lot of people will remember the favorable finances a lot of people enjoyed when Wild Bill was in office.  She will get credit for that.  And of course now that we have our second black president an awful lot fo people will want the first woman president.

Her recent flip-flop on gay marriage pretty much screamed "I'm running" to me.

Heck unless someone like Rand Paul is running I may well vote for her.,

Yow! I actually considered voting for Obama in the Dem primary in '08 just to do my part to stymie Hillary. Little did I know.

- OS

By Pelosi? The Senate budget is the Dem supported version, how do you think it passed there?

- OS

When the Senate Budget Bill gets to the House, the House Leadership will place it in the Mens Room for TP and since we all know Pelosi pees standing up, she uses the Mens Room since it has urinals.

As to Hillary being the next President, I have my doubts.  I don't think her health is going to allow her to run.

Edited by Moped