Kerry Commits U.S. To U.N. Arms Trade Treaty Gun Ban

Guest FTNWO

Guest FTNWO

"Under the guise of adopting what it deems to be 'appropriate measures,' an Administration could restrict imports by redefining what qualifies as a 'sporting' firearm — the definition of which is left completely to the discretion of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives," Heritage reports.

The ATT, Heritage warns, "could create a national registry (initially) limited to imported firearms. It could impose new requirements on importers of firearms, or parts and components of firearms, for example, by requiring them to provide the identity of the final end user.. ."

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/032013-648751-kerry-announces-support-of-arms-trade-treaty.htm#ixzz2OBUU4U32

What? You don't think a 3-time Purple Heart decorated veteran of the Vietnam campaign knows what he's doing? And that it's all in our best interest?

Why, how could we be so obtuse as to question his intentions or loyalty to the United States Constitution?

Shame on you. :stunned:  :squint:

Guest 6.8 AR

explain this comment i feel confused by what you mean?

Horseface aka John Kerry can't
commit the US to a treaty. All he can do is flap his
jaw. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.:D

explain this comment i feel confused by what you mean?

Treaties "technically" mean nothing until they signed by the President, make it through congress, and are ratified. It also has to get through the UN. It won't get through congress and it sure won't get ratified as it is unconstitutional on many fronts.

That being said treaties do carry an assumption of compliance until they are ratified. In other words, the ATF and other participating countries would apply the measures until a final disposition is made. Essentially nothing would be imported or exported till this thing is cleared up.

Guest 6.8 AR

What? You don't think a 3-time Purple Heart decorated veteran of the Vietnam campaign knows what he's doing? And that it's all in our best interest?

Why, how could we be so obtuse as to question his intentions or loyalty to the United States Constitution?

Shame on you. :stunned: :squint:

But I still use Heinz 57. :D

As I understand it, John Kerry served in Vietnam.

Yea but "served who?" Is the real question, a lot of his fellow service members swear he was in the service of the opposition, seems like he still maybe serving interests other than protecting & upholding the Constitution of the United States of America...
Guest HvyMtl

Hunts is better.

True, the Senate has to commit.  And if the treaty is contrary to U.S. Law or Constitution, it is supposed to have no effect within the borders, per the Constitution, which both parties use as toilet paper.

Guest Bassman17SC

Hunts is better.

True, the Senate has to commit.  And if the treaty is contrary to U.S. Law or Constitution, it is supposed to have no effect within the borders, per the Constitution, which both parties use as toilet paper.

^^THIS^^

Well, except for the Hunts part.  Heinz ketchup is thicker and has better flavor.  

I don't use steak sauce very often, but when i do, I use Heinz 57.  Stay hungry, my friends.

And just like I have said would happen even when all the gloom and doom folks had declared defeat:

In the pre-dawn hours Saturday, the Senate approved a measure “to uphold Second Amendment rights and prevent the United States from entering into the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty.”

By a vote of 53-46, the Senate passed the amendment to the budget bill sponsored by Senator Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.).

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/congress/item/14885-senate-votes-to-keep-us-out-of-un-arms-trade-treaty

Guest 6.8 AR

These Senators voted on something they knew wouldn't pass: a budget. The last passed budget was by the Bush

administration. This was a vote more likely to provide political cover for re-election bids, I would almost bet. I guess

it is good for something.

Which gloom and doomers were you referring to? Moi?

Just messin with you, ET. :D

Horseface aka John Kerry can't
commit the US to a treaty. All he can do is flap his
jaw. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. :D

That's exactly what I was thinking.  :up:

Show-boating is all he's good for......and spending OUR and his wife's money.

The budget bill the Senate passed, will be used as toilet paper in the House of Representatives Mens room by Nancy Pelosi.  It never had a chance of passage and therefore the amendment is moot.  Personally, I'm not too worried about this treaty thing at the moment.  But once Obama signs, the treaty and sends it to the Senate it will be there indefinitely, just waiting on the Democrats to pick up the needed seats in the next election. Then it will be ratified and we'll all be screwed!

Now I'm worried! :(

The budget bill the Senate passed, will be used as toilet paper in the House of Representatives Mens room by Nancy Pelosi.  It never had a chance of passage and therefore the amendment is moot.  Personally, I'm not too worried about this treaty thing at the moment.  But once Obama signs, the treaty and sends it to the Senate it will be there indefinitely, just waiting on the Democrats to pick up the needed seats in the next election. Then it will be ratified and we'll all be screwed!

Now I'm worried! :(

Let's see how their war on guns works out for them. Picking up seats may be tougher than it sounds.

Guest ThePunisher

Let's see how their war on guns works out for them. Picking up seats may be tougher than it sounds.

Not so sure since a poll has Hilary with a favorability showing of 66 per cent of country. That means a lot of dumba** Republican voters have a favorable view of Hilary. The voters of this country are one bunch of stupid people.
Guest 6.8 AR

I haven't started triangulating for the 2016 political Oscars and Emmys, yet, but I won't go over 30% of the country

like her. Wherever you saw that poll, it would be quite interesting to see how they came up with that result.

Guest ThePunisher

I haven't started triangulating for the 2016 political Oscars and Emmys, yet, but I won't go over 30% of the country
like her. Wherever you saw that poll, it would be quite interesting to see how they came up with that result.

It was on O'Reilly tonight, and they were the Gallup, and Washington Post/ABC polls. Do a Bing search.

The Senate has to ratify it and the Democrats do not have the numbers to do it yet.  I think the Democrats badly miscalculated on their little gun control scheme and they will lose a lot of seats in the midterm election.  Then it is game on for 2016.