Catching Brass...Anybody Have a way to do this?

Guest 6.8 AR

I know a couple of the guys I go shooting with, that shall remain nameless, always take the bench or area directly to my left.  Their brass constantly bounces off of me onto the ground.    :lol:

Since it wasn't me, or Mac, and being on your right, all my brass hit the wall. I'm going to have to get on your left

side and test trajectory. :D

I try to go to the far right of the firing line and put down a 5x8 tarp. This catches most of my brass.

I've used an old sheet, works pretty well.

Reason I say this, I have a really bad back and bending over to pick it up won't work for me anymore.  I like that one too Dolomite.  I'm getting some ideas here.  Now if I can just steal on the the wifes top sheets............without her finding out of course.       :bat: :hiding:

• Like 1

Reason I say this, I have a really bad back and bending over to pick it up won't work for me anymore.  I like that one too Dolomite.  I'm getting some ideas here.  Now if I can just steal on the the wifes top sheets............without her finding out of course.       :bat: :hiding:

Just tell Her about all the money you will be saving.

I used about $5 worth of PVC to make a frame then I covered it with an old pillow case. I fold up the edge to catch the brass. Might take a few rounds to figure out where to place the pillow case.

Dolomite

Cool idea, just might make a few, call them baned and sell them at a GOOD price.

Hey, that design predates the shortages so it has to be worth 2x-3x as much now. Especially considering it is used to catch semi auto brass. I need to find a black pillow case and sell it as a "tactical" brass catcher. The word "tactical" adds 50% to the price these days.

Make sure you also say "high-capacity" somewhere. That plus "tactical" will put you in the big cash. Congrats on your future windfall.

• Like 1

I know a couple of the guys I go shooting with, that shall remain nameless, always take the bench or area directly to my left.  Their brass constantly bounces off of me onto the ground.    :lol:

I use Garufa's head as sort of a backstop.  It bounces off of his noggin and drops neatly in a nice pile for easy pickup.  :)

I use Garufa's head as sort of a backstop. It bounces off of his noggin and drops neatly in a nice pile for easy pickup. :)

I gotta drag out the Minis a few times before I run out of .223. They eject with great enthusiasm and seem to be Garufa heat seekers, even 3 or 4 positions down!

- OS