Assault weapons ban dropped from Senate gun control bill.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Nobody should still be in panic buy. I never did panic. I just want ammo to shoot. Im not to happy with my fellow gun owners hording piles of ammo.

I don't believe that's as much a part of it as the fact that we have a ton of first timers that have bought guns AND ammo. The buying base exploded, and there just wasn't enough to go around.

... I just want ammo to shoot. Im not to happy with my fellow gun owners hording piles of ammo.

I built up my "hoard" over the same time span you could have too, thank you very much.

Anybody significantly adding beau coup ammo to stash over the last couple months has much deeper pockets than moi.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

We absolutely have to make sure that a roll call vote is done and never a voice vote on any legislation. The voice vote is how the Hughes Amendment was passed. Had it been a roll call vote we would be able to buy brand new machine guns still.

The fight is hardly over, they have decided to switch tactics and probably move into the shadows.

Dolomite

Don't get excited. It just means they may get the other "clip" bans and private sales through easier. ;)

Yea, those sneaky commiecrats will try to do a midnight sneak it through vote.

Or add it to another bill that has nothing to do with their ban try. :puke:  :puke:  :puke:  

The AWB stand alone vote let's Dems up for re-election in 2014 to vote against it .

But the package of other gun control laws still is being developed and I can easily see mag capacity being called out for mags greater than 30 rounds and posaibly less, while the rifle part of the AWB is left alone. Also a ban on semi belt Feds too would give the pol something to tell their base that they "did something" while not upsetting the AppleCart of the majority of firearms owners.

Increase on NFA tax would generate extra money and be hard for most gun supporting pols to oppose. How could anyone oppose making it a little harder to get a machine gun?

Internet ammo sales will have something done I am sure - even if it's a reporting mechanism only.

Beyond working around the edges of tightening existing rules and laws, politicians will need a shiny object to hold up that people can "see" thT something was done.

So Keep those seatbelts fastened