I guess my in-Glock-trination is over...

Steelharp

I don't know......If I was told I had to go into the baddest part of town with only one handgun on me.  I'd would not hesitate.  I'd grab my Glock 34 with all the 17 rounds mags I could carry loaded to the gills with Hydra shok.  I've never had a hiccup with either one.

Meh, Glock shmok. If I'm going somewhere expecting trouble my carry piece would be my AR, hands down.

"Taking a rifle to a gun fight is like taking a chainsaw to a knife fight"
  • Like 1

Well, Larry, you got me to thinking... just how curvy HAS my path been these past dozen years? I have owned 1911's (Colt's and Kimbers), revolvers (Colt's, S&W's, Rugers), S&W autos, Ruger SR9's, CZ's, H&K's, Kel-Tec's, SIG's, Springfield XD's, Tauruses (NEVER again, thankyouverymuch), Glocks (every 9mm and .45 ACP option), now Walthers...

The losses I regret are few; my Colt 44 Mag... couple of Magnum Carry's... what great little .357 revos those are... first one I had, I took it out back with an old CD for a target... fired a few shots and thought, man, I can't even hit the CD at all. Went over and picked it up, and saw the hole in the center had just gotten a little bigger. Man, I do regret that one being gone. My original CZ Compact, but that regret has been fixed with an even better replacement.

Why things were dumped? Personal preferences. Hate SIG's DA/SA transition; XD bore axis is stupid high... almost like you could fit an extra barrel between the trigger and existing one, lol... exaggeration... M&P's, Glock wanna-be's with more finicky parts... H&K's proprietary tendencies... wtf DOES fit that rail, anyway?

My Marine's advice from boot camp (God, almost 5 years ago, now?!?) about their proper trigger technique changed a lot of things for me. Several guns that I try now, the hammer doesn't even fall before I've bottomed out my trigger finger (long and skinny) against the frame on the opposite side of the guard. Kel-Tec's, SIG's, H&K's, XD's all fall in that category for me.

Bottom line is, the PPQ seems to be the perfect combination of all things necessary for ME to be the right gun for ME. Not every gun fits everybody, we all know that, and it's been a great and fun learning journey...

Well said, my buddy.

As for me, and this is very telling; I really don't have a true "this gun only" metality. There have been only a very few times that a firearm I acquire is one that I have specifically gone hunting for.

Oh, I've looked for individual items at times, but I believe the bulk of my buying has pretty much been the "target of opportunity type." If I run across something I like or want to trade for, I will fixate on it til some form of resolution occurs. I'll get lucky enough to buy or trade for it, or just leave it alone.

I think my search for the M&P Shield was probably on of the few times I actually spent time and effort to get a particular gun.

As for the Walther/CZ pistols. Sometimes I do regret selling my PPS 9, a little anyway. And the CZ I like best is my steelframe CZ75B.

It's heresey I know, but I almost like it better than my old battered, parkerized P35 HP.

I almost went after the CZ compact on here last week, but I knew someone else wanted it so I backed off. Maybe the next one will come to me.

Then, there's that Sig Blackwater Edition that pulls me toward it....

There is the old saying to beware the man with only one gun; he knows how to use it. We've all heard it, and we most likely know examples of it. That's kinda where I've been traveling toward, I think. I really would like to find that "one" that becomes such a natural extension.

Maybe I have.

I'm thinking it will have Walther stamped on it somewhere :)

I know Walther guns are good, but I had a p22 that wouldn't shoot any better than dinner plate sized groups at 20 yards. It was pretty pathetic. I traded is on a partial for an MK3 and was much happier.

I know Walther guns are good, but I had a p22 that wouldn't shoot any better than dinner plate sized groups at 20 yards. It was pretty pathetic. I traded is on a partial for an MK3 and was much happier.

I have a P22 that does just fine. With that said, it's a cheap little gun compared to the one Steelharp is using. I'll keep my Glocks, for all the reasons that people keep Glocks. And, Mikey will continue to outshoot me :)

• Like 1

Anyone can make a lemon.

Just no one makes it a federal case unless it's a Kimber. ;)

Whoa...now let's just simmer down there fella. That's a mite pointed little remark. It might offend someone. Or make them..... wait for it.......

Uncomfortable.

I've had my PPQ ( 40 ) for several months now. Will be keeping it. Had an older P99 years ago, made the

mistake of trading for a Glock 22. regretted it ever since. Love to have a PPS, but can't afford it now.

Different strokes for different folks.

I have a P22 that does just fine. With that said, it's a cheap little gun compared to the one Steelharp is using. I'll keep my Glocks, for all the reasons that people keep Glocks. And, Mikey will continue to outshoot me :)

Yeah, it is cheap, but I didn't expect it to be that terrible. I could pick off mini bics at the same range with my Mk3, and I don't consider myself great by any means.

Yeah, it is cheap, but I didn't expect it to be that terrible. I could pick off mini bics at the same range with my Mk3, and I don't consider myself great by any means.

Best I can tell, it doesn't shoot near as well as the Rugers or Brownings. It's cute enough. I didn't actually buy mine. It just showed up. I use it to teach girls to shoot pistols. I let them run a couple of mags thru it before i hand them a real gun :)

Best I can tell, it doesn't shoot near as well as the Rugers or Brownings. It's cute enough. I didn't actually buy mine. It just showed up. I use it to teach girls to shoot pistols. I let them run a couple of mags thru it before i hand them a real gun :)

It was a shame too, as it was cheap and damn fun to shoot, other than being inaccurate. It had enough "recoil" to feel closer to a "real" caliber.

It was a shame too, as it was cheap and damn fun to shoot, other than being inaccurate. It had enough "recoil" to feel closer to a "real" caliber.

That's it. They can shoot the P22 and get used to the recoil (as a first time shooter), and then go straight to a G19 without flinching. That's about the only time that one comes out of the safe. I have several .22's, but never shoot them.

Guest LittleBear571
My best friend and fellow officer has a Walter pk380, and that is one of the best shooting, accurate handguns I've had the pleasure of shooting. It definetly sold me on the Walter brand as I was previously unfamiliar with the quality of them. I have my sights set on a few of them now ;)

David, I got Steve's (xRustyx) early model, the paddle drop. I kinda like the really flat profile that gives it. There's literally nothing sticking out on the gun at all. If we ever have a shoot that I can attend, you're more than welcome to give it a run. The trigger is just crazy.

Remember when we both thought the H&K P2000 LEM was just awesome? Imagine that gun, with an absolutely perfect trigger... and perfect grip...

• Like 1