grateful for Walmart

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TNDixieGirl
Nefaih has grocery stores??? WTF?

Yep. One in Munford and one in Covington. And I hope his Covington store suffers since the Super Wal-Mart is now open out there.

The one in Munford is a dump. Dirtiest food store I've ever gone in. Flies galore and to me thats just nasty. I once tried to get a box of fried chicken from their deli cause I was told it was good. But when the girl was packing it up, I noticed there were so many flies in the deli area she couldn't even swat them away fast enough. When one flew in the box as she closed it, I turned around and left. Made me wonder how many of those guys had already pooped on the food before I got there. Haven't been back since.

Guest Hyaloid
Yep. One in Munford and one in Covington. And I hope his Covington store suffers since the Super Wal-Mart is now open out there.

The one in Munford is a dump. Dirtiest food store I've ever gone in. Flies galore and to me thats just nasty. I once tried to get a box of fried chicken from their deli cause I was told it was good. But when the girl was packing it up, I noticed there were so many flies in the deli area she couldn't even swat them away fast enough. When one flew in the box as she closed it, I turned around and left. Made me wonder how many of those guys had already pooped on the food before I got there. Haven't been back since.

Not that it helps, but my understanding is that the flies vomit on the substance they are situated on, using the chemicals in the vomit as we would use saliva. When you see them moving their front legs vigorously, they are scooping the partially digested material into their mouths.

That was from entymology many moons ago, so I hope that information is still accurate. :x:

--edited to add--

I found this... it says saliva, not vomit, but I distinctly remember the instructor saying vomit, maybe he was wrong... nah, liberal college professors never are.

Although some species of fly can bite, the house fly cannot. Its soft, spongy mouthparts are modified into the labella and proboscis. The labella gently dab liquids into its proboscis, which then sucks up the liquid. If the fly encounters suitable solid food, its enzyme-rich saliva digests the food into a liquid outside of the fly's body, which is then ingested.

Much maligned due largely to its eating habits, M. domestica consumes and contaminates just about anything and everything, using its feet to touch every potential food item to see if the taste is suitable. Fruit, sewage, candy, road kill, or rotting garbage - they're all equally delicious to a house fly. In the process of tasting everything, of course, the fly also contacts a multitude of bacteria and viruses, which can be transferred to other animals.

Edited by Hyaloid
Guest Hyaloid

Ahhh... this sounds more like it:

Housefly Diet

Once a housefly sniffs something interesting and tastes it with its feet and palps, the time has come to gobble up the delicious morsel.

If the meal in question happens to be liquid already, then the task is easy. Since the housefly's mouth parts are designed to sponge and ingest liquefied food, it's just a matter of turning on the suction. The food goes straight into the fly's stomach.

housefly-4.jpg

Oxford Scientific/Photolibrary/Getty Images

A housefly uses its proboscis to eat a piece of sugar.

Solid food is slightly more difficult. Houseflies can't bite or chew -- they simply don't have the proper equipment. So if forced to contend with something more solid, like a grain of sugar or dried blood, houseflies must employ a different tactic.

First, the housefly scrubs the dry food substance with the bristles on the end of its proboscis. This frees up food particles, if they're not already loose and crumbly.

The second step can be compared to what happens when you add hot water to instant oatmeal -- only instead of hot water, the housefly adds a mixture of saliva and digestive juices. The fly vomits saliva and digestive material onto its meal, and after a few seconds pass for the juices to break down the food, the fly sucks everything back up.

While this may sound rather bizarre to us, remember that the fly isn't adding anything to its food that we don't add to ours. The difference is, our teeth and jaws allow us to break down organic matter enough so it can mix with our stomach's digestive juices. The housefly is doing the same thing, just on the outside of its body.

Mark of the Fly

If you've ever noticed fly specks on walls or surfaces, then you've observed the telltale signs of a housefly's recent meal. Those little dots are leftovers of its regurgitative eating habits.

If the vomit can't adequately break down food enough for it to pass through a tube leading into the stomach, the fly sends this food down a different tube to an inner sack called the crop. The fly may pass the bubble of dissolving food multiple times between crop and mouth, regularly applying fresh saliva. Eventually, the liquefied meal will be ready to send down to the stomach. If all this vomiting sounds unhygienic, that's because it is. Not only do potentially deadly germs cling to the very legs a housefly might use to walk on (and taste) your sandwich, if it chooses to feed, it may wind up regurgitating portions of a previous meal as well. This only multiplies the risk of disease, which is why you should keep houseflies away from food.

All this flying and eating has a purpose; the same purpose as with any animal. These insects seek to reproduce and send another generation out into the world. On the next page, we'll see how houseflies do just that.

What does this have to do with the thread? Not much, I suppose, except Wal-Mart probably has houseflies made in China.

Guest db99wj
I will not shop at WalMart because they did something to someone that I dont know and THAT PISSES ME OFF!

They did something to someone you don't know?:x:

I thought it was called Wall Marts..

Guest canynracer

Whats it called?

Guest eyebedam

I wont shop there myself. I worked for a major beer dist for 5 years & the way Walmart treats there vendors is horrible. They have a 3 mistake rule. If there is more than 3 mistakes in a years time with a certain vendor/driver they ban that individual from there store. Even if the mistake is Wal marts fault. I could tell some real goos stories about them. Closing the shipping door with 500 cases of beer right outside as it begins to rain instead of letting it be rolled in the back then having to replace all of it because the cartons were wet. I sucks when there a 8.00 hr nazi acting like the big stuff with the little China Blue smock on. Piss on wally world. Burn baby burn. Id rather spend a few bucks more & go to Target & Krogers.

I wont shop there myself. I worked for a major beer dist for 5 years & the way Walmart treats there vendors is horrible. They have a 3 mistake rule. If there is more than 3 mistakes in a years time with a certain vendor/driver they ban that individual from there store. Even if the mistake is Wal marts fault. I could tell some real goos stories about them. Closing the shipping door with 500 cases of beer right outside as it begins to rain instead of letting it be rolled in the back then having to replace all of it because the cartons were wet. I sucks when there a 8.00 hr nazi acting like the big stuff with the little China Blue smock on. Piss on wally world. Burn baby burn. Id rather spend a few bucks more & go to Target & Krogers.

+1

A friend works for Frito-Lay and tells the same stories. They treat their vendors like dirt because they're Wal-Mart, and they can. Don't like our retarded policies? Fine, we'll find someone else and sign a huge contract with them, and then not honor it. I guess that's the free market system at work, but sooner or later, you'll reap what you sow. He won't set foot in one (at least, as a customer).

Guest GLOCKGUY

ya i use to deliver ice to them. the boxes are in the front. i ask them if i could drive up to the front doors and stock the iceboxes. it would of took me maybe 15 min but they said no. i had to go to the back doors and use my own two wheeler and take it up front. it took me about 1 hours to do it that way :lol:

+1

A friend works for Frito-Lay and tells the same stories. They treat their vendors like dirt because they're Wal-Mart, and they can. Don't like our retarded policies? Fine, we'll find someone else and sign a huge contract with them, and then not honor it. I guess that's the free market system at work, but sooner or later, you'll reap what you sow. He won't set foot in one (at least, as a customer).

Well I have a two srrike rule.If someone working for me Fs up twice there gone!

Everybody makes a mistake once but it wont happen twice on my dollar.

I guess that makes me a bad person for not putting up with peoples mistakes :rolleyes:

Guest eyebedam
Well I have a two srrike rule.If someone working for me Fs up twice there gone!

Everybody makes a mistake once but it wont happen twice on my dollar.

I guess that makes me a bad person for not putting up with peoples mistakes :rolleyes:

You must have aot of turnover. If you dont mind me asking what kind of buisness are you in. My comment about wal marts 3 strike was because even if its wal marts mistake for ex "if there computer has the wrong price for the item they are getting from the vendor" They still count that as the vendors responibility.

Well, Wal-Mart pissed me off yet again today. I went in to buy a fuel filter, coolant and check out the ammo selection. I went in through the tire center (brand new WM in Nashville has it set up like a Sam's Club) and I proceeded to check out at the auto center since that is where I parked. My first clue that this was going to not be fun was the 2 people standing in line and no cashier. Finally 2 guys walk in from the garage (1 mechanic and one cashier) and the cashier proceeds to fiddle w/ the computer some and try to check someone out, but I guess there is some trouble. He then starts talking to the mechanic and they start flipping through a magazine. Meanwhile another sales associate walks back behind the counter, circles around back there and then walks away. Finally I set my stuff down and left after standing there for 5 minutes. An employee could have at least acknowledged my presence or said I'll be right with you or we are having problems, it'll be a minute. I ended up going to the Autozone down the road and was in and out in a couple minutes. At least someone wanted my money this morning.

BTW, there was no one in the sporting goods section either, so buying ammo and/or checking out there was out of the question.