TV without paying for cable

After doing a bit more research, it doesn't appear the savings are going to be worth the hassle. I'm going to look a little more, but changing for $20 or $30 a month probably isn't worth it.

It really depends on what you watch and how much of it you have time to watch. If you buy an aTV or roku to try it for yourself for a month you can generally resell it for little if any loss.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It really depends on what you watch and how much of it you have time to watch. If you buy an aTV or roku to try it for yourself for a month you can generally resell it for little if any loss.

My biggest issue is lack of patience. I watch almost no TV, but on the rare occasion something comes on that I do want to watch, I don't want to have to wait days or weeks to watch it.

Well that is a change of mindset, there is nothing just "on" with TV via the internet, you have ot initiate the activity by picking a show to watch from a provider. If I sit down on the couch and can't think of something I want to watch inside 2 minutes, then I should probably be doing something more important with my time.  :2cents:

We use hulu a lot for tv and netflix sometimes. On my xbox 360 we watch all of those plus a lot on youtube. We have a roku in our bedroom to watch hulu and Netflix. We rent from redbox a lot but only for free

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Redbox just never make sense to me. The closest one to me is 7 miles away so by the time I drive there and back twice,(once to rent and once to return) I've generally spent what an online rental costs in gas and eaten up a half hour of my time doing it.  :down:

We have a dozen redboxes near us. My wife just picks them up when shes out for other things.

They are much cheaper than the old hollywood videos and blockbusters. And they get movies months before netflix.

you can try clear wireless,50 a month,youll have unlimited net,get a roku box and youll have plenty of movies w netflix for 8.00 per mo, plus pay as ya go w amazon etc.

58 a month is about all TV is worth these days.........at least this way you get hi speed net cheap...