CavArms is back

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators
Cav Arms and most especially its owner got majorly screwed. I hope he was able to profit in some way from the sale of the molds and patents and whatnot for these lowers. It is my understanding that these were the best of the polymer lowers.
The owner was accused of selling a few firearms under the table. It is unclear if the guns were his personal guns or company guns.

When the Feds walked into his business for an investigation they took all of his inventory, not just firearms, as well as froze his assets. They also refused to allow the business to produce on that premises and declined his variance to have them made at another location.

He also sold medical kits and other tactical gear. The Feds seized all that property.

The Feds refuse to return ANY of the items seized until he is found innocent.

He was not allowed to have access to his funds for a proper defense.

People also use them for .45 acp builds using grease gun mags.

I have seen pictures of some set up for blowback or DI in .45 acp.

If I hadn't bought a just right that uses Glock 21 mags I might have been interested in getting one to use for a build

Guest 6.8 AR

"The Feds refuse to return ANY of the items seized until he is found innocent.

He was not allowed to have access to his funds for a proper defense."

Oh, more laws being used against former law abiding citizens, eh? Just reminds me of something. :D

Guilty until proven innocent. Great legal concept.

• Moderators
He did, but the ATF had seized all of his assets and had stacked BS charges a mile high and Shawn was looking at decades behind bars if found guilty. So he pled guilty to a couple of lesser charges, lost his FFL, his business and served no time. That's the ATF way, they stack it so they hold all the cards and make pleading out just about your only option.

The regulatory system around firearms is so convoluted that if they decide they want you, they will get you and there will be nothing you can do about it other than take it if you don't want to end up like Vicki Weaver or a Branch Davidian. Edited by Chucktshoes