22LR way different prices.

Online today at Ables Ammo:

CCI Standard Velocity Target/Plinking Rimfire Ammunition 0032, 22 Long Rifle, Round Nose, 40 GR, 1070 fps, 100 Rd/bx

Price?  $32.95 each.  PLUS shipping etc.......

Yesterday, at a local Sportsmans warehouse the price was $9.95 each.

Yikes! 

First, I figured, maybe you misread and it was a 500 round box.  Nope, I misread! LOL

People need to stick it to these retailers.  My memory is terrible - but I have a pretty good recollection of some of the big retailers never to do business with again.

Say what you want about the "price gouging" retailers, but in the end they are the ones who will end this ammo shortage. We, the ammo buying public (me included) certainly aren't doing anything to help the situation. The only way people will stop buying is to put the price up high enough where people wont buy it. It is  a simple economic theory of supply and demand.

Yes, we've all heard the supply and demand blah, blah, blah.  When the credit card bills start rolling in, guys are sleeping on the couch while their kids are wearing hand-me-downs at soccer games and the mortgage isn't payed is when this foolishness will stop.

• Like 1

I agree with you when it comes to the big ticket stuff. But nobody is going broke buying $15-$20 boxes of 22 ammo. I believe it is to a point now where no matter how much 22 ammo could be produced and sold at the traditional 3-5 cents a round it had been, supply would not catch up to demand for years. The only thing that will stop people (me included) from buying it is pricing high enough where we lose interest in it for a while, then the supply will catch back and pricing can return to somewhat normal, or at least acceptible level when it comes to 22 ammo.

Yes, we've all heard the supply and demand blah, blah, blah.  When the credit card bills start rolling in, guys are sleeping on the couch while their kids are wearing hand-me-downs at soccer games and the mortgage isn't payed is when this foolishness will stop.

I've not bought anything above the pre panic price.  I refuse to do it.  I've bought 700 rounds of .45 and about 500 rounds of .380 here and there at walmart at their regular prices. 9mm is a different story, but I've got plenty of that anyway.  I've had the biggest problem with 22lr. I'm always a day late.  I've got about 1500 rounds that I've had a while.  I have one 1/2 brick left out of a regular 550 round brick of remington with a $7.95 price tag (pre Obama price) on it and another with a $17.00 price tag on it unopened (last panic attack price). I'd rather sell my 10/22 for $350 than buy 1,000 rounds of 22lr for $350.

Edited by Randall53