bushmaster predator scope rings and mounts?

Guest m14man

Guest m14man

trying to decide on rings and bases for my predator. would like to get some opinions on what would be the best way to mount and best rings. i have a burris fullfield2 3-9X40. the gun comes with one inch risers attached.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gcrookston

I just picked up a bushmaster Varminter and used the GG&G mount. I'm very happy with it.

http://www.gggaz.com/index.php?id=166&parents=69,128

but you'd do best to remove the risers to use it. Otherwise, consider A.R.M.S. #22 low profile (using the risers).

These are 30mm rings and will require inserts should your scope be a 1" tube.

I have a 3x9 fullfield mounted on my HK93. the 1" inserts for the 30mm rings are readily available from a number of vendors. I got my incerts from A.R.M.S. when I used their Stanag rings to mount the scope to original HK Stanag mount.

I needed a one piece scope mount for my .308 Panther and felt that $150-$200 just wasn't for me. I bought a one piece Picatinny mount for $55 OTD at the Nashville fairgrounds gun show. It is made by J&T out of Kentucky.

So far it has been rock soild and held up well. They had both 1" and 30mm mounts.

http://jtdistributing.net/index.html

pantherScopeMount1.jpg

x

Edited by DaveTN
Guest Mugster

I went with $10 riser blocks from midway and mounted both my scopes on them with low rings. I have a 2.85" and 2.95" HOB, and don't think i'd want them any lower. I like the blocks mostly because they are cheap and solid, although they might add an ounce or 2 over something higher speed. The J&T one piece is heavier than the way i went, fyi. But it is a solid mounting platform and probably looks better.

Guest m14man
I went with $10 riser blocks from midway and mounted both my scopes on them with low rings. I have a 2.85" and 2.95" HOB, and don't think i'd want them any lower. I like the blocks mostly because they are cheap and solid, although they might add an ounce or 2 over something higher speed. The J&T one piece is heavier than the way i went, fyi. But it is a solid mounting platform and probably looks better.

mine already has risers on them but i couldnt find any bases and rings to fit them what brand did you use and what kind of bases. my first ar with a scope so im a noob to this.

thanks for all the help.

Guest Mugster
mine already has risers on them but i couldnt find any bases and rings to fit them what brand did you use and what kind of bases. my first ar with a scope so im a noob to this.

thanks for all the help.

Sorry I was so long in replying, I was out of town making money for my ap4 purchase. :hat:

Ok, after breaking out the rifles, I determined that I have two sets of "medium" weaver brand rings. I'm not sure, but from countless time with a caliper, these actually measure like a "low ring". Sigh. Different brands size their ring height differently, adding to the confusion.

Both the scopes I used them on hang down over the edge of the riser block. If you want to clear the riser block or clear a permanent riser base, you're going to have to go with rings that are sized off of a traditional sizing chart. Or go with "high" in the weaver brand of rings for a 30mm objective. I "think" thats right, but i'm not sure.

Additionally, you can use a "weaver ring mount" to go on a riser block or directly on the rifle. Don't confuse the weaver brand with a weaver style mount. I was very confused for awhile and eventually gambled on these rings working on the risers. Once you crank them down, they don't move. Their is some mixed info out there about "weaver style" rings on a picatanny rail. They work.

Lemme see, I think I got some of this action. The one piece is probably a better product, but the other one was cheap, and it works ok once its cranked down with liberal loctite. I used permanent loctite on the rings and the blue stuff on the riser block knobs just to keep them on the rifle a little better.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=190145

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=774135

riser block I used (its not any different than any other riser block). The "see-through" is just marketing bs. I have no idea why they'd put that on there:

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=695174

Cost me $55 for 2 mounts. Looks like the prices went up.

But once again, I fiddled with the scope positioning to make it work and both scopes hang down past the top plane of the riser base.

Then I set eye relief by moving the block a pretty good ways forward on the rifle. Works pretty good.

Alot of people want BUIS or "back up iron sights" mounted on the rifle at the same time as the optics. The way I have it, I cannot do this. The optics are probably more robust than the cheesy detachable sights i've seen. I always crack a smile when i hear "i need to co-witness". And the sight wiggles back and forth on each trigger pull, lol.