Joined the AR crowd

Spots

Well I finally fed my need for an AR. Ive been wanting one since I was in the USMC and finally things worked out for me to get one. I bought a custom AR from atlas3120 here on TGO, even though I actually set the deal up through armslist lol.

Here are the specs

Spike's Tactical 16" M4 Profile MPI Chrome Lines barrel, Carbine length
YHM Low Profile Gas block
A2 Flash Hider
MI Pattern Mid Length Free Float Quad Rail
Aero Precision Upper
M16 BCG, staked key
Magpul MBUS Gen 2 front and rear sights

Aero Forged Lower
CMMG LKP
Magpul MOE Trigger Guard
M4 6 position commercial stock
Nylon Web Sling
E-Lander 30 round Magazine

He sold it at pre-panic pricing and I couldn't be happier. The only things I plan to add are a single point sling and a 1x good optic.

And some bad pics

2013-03-09_01-28-33_836_zps9f38928f.jpg

2013-03-09_01-29-01_969_zpsaccbf1ba.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations, I wasn't all that interested in the platform until I bought one for myself. Now it seems like its my favorite rifle and I don't know why I resisted as long as I did. Once things get back to normal get yourself a 22 conversion and you will have hours of fun on the cheap.

That is a seriously good looking example you have there.
Congratulations man. I just got mine a few weeks ago. I already had a Ruger SR10/22 that's in an ad style so I liked the plateform but since I already had the Ruger and an AK47, I didn't see the point in another tactical rifle. I'm glad I changed my mind. The AR15 is a sweet little rifle and will hopefully be one of the firearms I pass down to my son.

Nice stick, Spots. Best thing about it... there are plenty of places left to put Magpul stuff :up:

Probably the only magpul stuff will lotsa mags and maybe a stock. i wanna stay very minimalist, I see far to many AR's with unneccesary junk bolted on. A learned my lesson about being a minimalist in the Corps. At most it'll get a fullsize eotech or aimpoint and magnifier. Most likely it'll just be a single point sling, aimpoint micro or other small 1x red dot and a magwell grip.

Probably the only magpul stuff will lotsa mags and maybe a stock. i wanna stay very minimalist, I see far to many AR's with unneccesary junk bolted on. A learned my lesson about being a minimalist in the Corps. At most it'll get a fullsize eotech or aimpoint and magnifier. Most likely it'll just be a single point sling, aimpoint micro or other small 1x red dot and a magwell grip.

I don't hang crap on my rifles either. I do use Magpul stocks and rail covers. Their grips too sometimes.