Start 'em young!

homeagain

Here's my 9YO daughter working on grip and trigger squeeze today.  Pretty soon gonna dial in her breathing and sight picture, but she's picking up very quickly!

Photo redacted.....don't want to leave it up endlessly.

Edited by homeagain
  • Like 4

No doubt.  The kid loves to shoot!  In addition, she also started with the Rossi .410/22 and worked up to the H&R 20Ga and 1100LT today.  Getting ready for youth turkey hunt.  Cool thing is she wants to shoot the G19 next weekend.  She just may be hooked!  Will say the 20 single made her take a step back, but she was still grinning from ear to ear!

Went out on this fine day and let my daughter shoot her cricket rifle. she's turning four this year, so I'm mainly teaching her safety how to pull the trigger recoil etc.

Great little rifle.  My daughter started on the pink one when she was 6.

My boys are still hooked.  They started practically at birth on safety due to their fathers service weapons (and my hunting adiction).  My oldest is teaching my Granddaughter.  They go every weekend that he doesn't work.  She is 9 and is eyeing his 12 guage.  Not big enough yet but soon.  I was shooting 16 guage at 11, 12 at 12 years old (and getting birds) and she is a whole lot bigger than I was and I got a deer at 12.  Gonna start looking for a 243 for her for Christmas by next year she will be old enough, she has been helping clean and making sausage with her other grandparents, only thing I worry about is her shutting her mouth long enough not to scare the deer off!

I knew a guy who's son turned 2 a couple of weeks ago. They were on vacation visiting family that week and his dad got to shoot a lot. On his birthday his dad was out shooting his 10/22. He held him in his lap and kinda let him shoot it. His mom happily took a pic but she asked him not to share with anyone outside the family because of the number of  vaginas in this country. His dad didn't really care what anyone would think but he respects his wife's wishes... The little boy sure looked good in his own little ear muffs and daddy's safety glasses. His great grandpa really enjoyed it.

• Like 1

My boys are still hooked.  They started practically at birth on safety due to their fathers service weapons (and my hunting adiction).  My oldest is teaching my Granddaughter.  They go every weekend that he doesn't work.  She is 9 and is eyeing his 12 guage.  Not big enough yet but soon.  I was shooting 16 guage at 11, 12 at 12 years old (and getting birds) and she is a whole lot bigger than I was and I got a deer at 12.  Gonna start looking for a 243 for her for Christmas by next year she will be old enough, she has been helping clean and making sausage with her other grandparents, only thing I worry about is her shutting her mouth long enough not to scare the deer off!

Good on you!  Gotta keep up the family tradition!

I knew a guy who's son turned 2 a couple of weeks ago. They were on vacation visiting family that week and his dad got to shoot a lot. On his birthday his dad was out shooting his 10/22. He held him in his lap and kinda let him shoot it. His mom happily took a pic but she asked him not to share with anyone outside the family because of the number of  vaginas in this country. His dad didn't really care what anyone would think but he respects his wife's wishes... The little boy sure looked good in his own little ear muffs and daddy's safety glasses. His great grandpa really enjoyed it.

Now that's photo-worthy!

Good on you Dad. good on you.

My a liberal choke on coffee seeing this.

Thanks.  Can't wait to finhear that she 'talked about it' at school and gets suspended.  Hopefully our schools here haven't lost their minds to that degree yet.

• Like 1

Would be nice to get a TGO shoot together just for the kids sometime somewhere.  Don't know if any ranges around here would tolerate the cat-herding required for that (definitely some serious rangemastering would have to happen).  But would be fun to have a bunch of kids all together enjoying the shooting sports.

Guest chipslinger

I've got my 2 kids (9 girl and 12 boy)  going every weekend to the range with the wife and I.  My son will shot anything that he can hold up.  Last time we were out I shot my garand about 6 times and was ready for a sling for my arm but he was ready to shoot another 10 or so.  My daughter loves to shoot my Bersa .380 and Ruger mark II.   

Awsome. Can't wait to get my little girl goin. She's played with the pellet rifle but still doesn't like the loud booms at the range. I need to find some private property to take her to.

If ya ever get to Nashville, I can shoot on my place, get a hold of me, I can hook ya up.

Hey!  That's when I started!  

My Dad had me shooting a .36 cap-and-ball when I was 2.  

• 2 weeks later...
My son fired his first gun at three a full size 1911, as a glock amorer he has been around me many a time detail stripping a gun and always is right there helping dad he is five now and knows more about gun function than most adults if he knows that or not. He has held more hand guns and rifles than most adults, knows how to check a gun for clear, and most important not to point one at some one or any thing he does not want to shoot.he can not cycle a semi auto by hand but he want touch it till he sees me clear it and say it is safe