Thinking of buying a 1911, where to rent one and shoot?(near Nashville)

espacef1fan

I have shot a 1911, however I am deployed, and my wife has not fired  a 1911 before. So far in her shopping, she likes 1911s the best( a keeper right?) I want her to have a chance at shooting one to be sure she likes it before I buy one.

I live in Clarksville, TN I am guessing what I want requires a trip to or near Nashville, that is no big deal. I am mostly looking for some good references on a place for this.

Thoughts? Recommendations? 

Edited by espacef1fan
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would guess Guns and Leather as a best bet. My wife loves her 1911. She took my Springfield GI model and won't give it back.

Your wife has good taste in the Springfield GI. I've had mine for years and love it. Guns And Leather is a good place to rent although I'm not sure they have 1911's on the wall though. Best to call ahead to make sure.

I rented a Sig 1911 at the Guns and leather in Hendersonville about 2 months ago. They moved a lot of guns to the Greenbrier store when it opened back up. Check each. That may be an hour from Clarksville, but it's worth it to rent. That thing scared the crap out of me at first so I went with a 9mm. I just got a SR45 last week and I was much more prepared this time.

I rented a Sig 1911 at the Guns and leather in Hendersonville about 2 months ago. They moved a lot of guns to the Greenbrier store when it opened back up. Check each. That may be an hour from Clarksville, but it's worth it to rent. That thing scared the crap out of me at first so I went with a 9mm. I just got a SR45 last week and I was much more prepared this time.

It's been a couple of weeks since I was in G&L H'ville. I don't remember there being a rental 1911 in the case. Not saying that one isn't available, just should call and find out before driving. Actually check the Greenbriar store as well since it's back open.

Hey bikertrash, how do like the SR45?

I know it's a long drive but Nashville Armory has several very nice 1911s that you can rent; if memory serves, even a couple of very high-end versions.

Heck, for that matter, if you want to meet me there some evening or weekend I'll let you/your wife shoot a couple of mine. :)

Edited by RobertNashville