Has Zimmerman Waived His Right to a Pre-Trial "Stand-Your-Ground" Hearing?

Guest Law of Self Defense

Apparently some people here are opposed to people making money.   :drama:

Well if that is the logic here then I should be free to sell merchandise here commercially without issue and without becoming a vendor.  Hell, I guess I should be able to sell personal items too without being so much as a benefactor, right?

And I don't need David's explanation.  If he has been made aware of it I'm sure he has his reasons, but he isn't sharing them here.  Just you and another are making this man's case for him and I'm curious how you could reason your way out of my original question and the scenario I gave you.  Obviously you can't since you keep changing the subject back to me.

He was careful to keep any direct promotion off the site until the end.  

Which is what makes the whole thing suspect for me.  Honestly, I don't really care since this isn't my site and it isn't my decision to make.  I'm simply pointing out the inconsintency in the posts which attacked DaveS for bringing it up in the first place.  Dave made a valid point and was dogpiled for it.

Well if that is the logic here then I should be free to sell merchandise here commercially without issue and without becoming a vendor. Hell, I guess I should be able to sell personal items too without being so much as a benefactor, right?

And I don't need David's explanation. If he has been made aware of it I'm sure he has his reasons, but he isn't sharing them here. Just you and another are making this man's case for him and I'm curious how you could reason your way out of my original question and the scenario I gave you. Obviously you can't since you keep changing the subject back to me.

Which is what makes the whole thing suspect for me.  Honestly, I don't really care since this isn't my site and it isn't my decision to make.  I'm simply pointing out the inconsintency in the posts which attacked DaveS for bringing it up in the first place.  Dave made a valid point and was dogpiled for it.

For someone who doesn't care and doesn't need David's explanation you sure are going on about it and apparently agree with DaveS that Andrew shouldn't even be advertising on Andrew's one site!  :shrug:

Edited by RobertNashville

If no one else is having the problem that should tell you something.  :shrug:

Whether it's your mouse of something else, it's not difficult to edit posts before posting (or after for that matter).

What is there to edit? My post look fine before I hit "post". :shrug:  Maybe your shiz is whats broke....

Dave

For someone who doesn't care and doesn't need David's explanation you sure are going on about it and apparently agree with DaveS that Andrew shouldn't even be advertising on Andrew's one site!  :shrug:

What on earth are you talking about any more.  I don't care what he has on his site.  And I don't care what he has on here, I ain't the post police.  I was simply defending DaveS' assertion after y'all dogpiled him.  I have NEVER seen you or anyone else stick up for another person on this site when the vendor topic came up, and I've seen it come up often.  We even had a member, who I believe was even a benefactor at the time, get lumped up for selling knives here because he was making a side business out of it.  I didn't see you coming after those who outed him, so why go after DaveS for this? 

You don't have to answer that last one Robert.  I realize you wouldn't give me a straight answer anyway, but I know the answer and so does everyone else reading this.

I dogpiled Dave for the wanna-be cop antics. :) Aren't we supposed to call 911 and wait for the cavalry? That's what I did. Reported it so the real TGO cops could sort it out. :)

Guest Lester Weevils

So I was seeing DaveS's posts with double-quotes for a few days, but I don't see any double-quotes on his messages today on this thread. Checked it on PC, Mac, and Android, but it is Firefox on all three.

If ya'll are seeing DaveS double-quoting today, what browser?

Or is there something else in the formatting I'm not noticing?

So I was seeing DaveS's posts with double-quotes for a few days, but I don't see any double-quotes on his messages today on this thread. Checked it on PC, Mac, and Android, but it is Firefox on all three.

If ya'll are seeing DaveS double-quoting today, what browser?

Or is there something else in the formatting I'm not noticing?

Doesn't happen all the time. Looks like the offending post "fixed itself" at 11AM :). I'm using chrome. 

Right...my #### is what's broke...I guess that's why Mike said something about it.

Mike will say something Robert because you do, and you say something because he does. "Ya'll go together like peas and carrots". Forrest Gump.

Dave

I dogpiled Dave for the wanna-be cop antics. :) Aren't we supposed to call 911 and wait for the cavalry? That's what I did. Reported it so the real TGO cops could sort it out. :)

Gotcha. That is the way to do, and I didn't even bother doing it before or even now. Snitches get stitches, after all.

My issue lies simply with the implication that another member was out of line for bringing it up to the point of calling him a "bully" and berating him. I don't think that was accurate or appropriate, and certainly inconsistent with behavior of members when the subject has come up in the past.... all that goose/gander stuff.

And I was being a good little neighborhood thread watch captain like Zman. Observe and report, observe and report. After all, you yourself said we should all be proactive in our "community's" Did you not? Or was that your sidekick Robert?

Dave

I liked the high quality of Andrew's posts and felt I and others on this board got much more value out of his posts than the cost of a benefactor's status. I'm thinking we were all non-cash-compensated for Andrew's knowledge. I certainly don't feel cheated and I hold Benefactor Status. As I don't have to pay the (significant) bills for this forum, as I am not a moderator, and as I am not TGO David, I leave it in TGO David's capable hands to make judgement calls on this (non-) issue. If TGO David wanted to pull Andrew's plug and send him down the drain, I imagine he had every opportunity to do so. And he did not. Sometimes no action is an action.

Oh, and have a nice day!

• Like 1

Mike will say something Robert because you do, and you say something because he does. "Ya'll go together like peas and carrots". Forrest Gump.

Dave

Yep. We were in the Klan together back in the good old days. :) Robert can put a mean point on a pillow case.

• Like 2

Dave

I mentioned it after Mike did.

Anyway. there is clearly something going on with either your hardware or with whatever software you use to connect to the site or with the site itself...it just looks silly to see you quote the same post two or three times in your reply.

If you are certain it isn't you/your hardware/software then you need to let the mods know - there might be something going on with the forum software.

What on earth are you talking about any more.  I don't care what he has on his site.  And I don't care what he has on here, I ain't the post police.  I was simply defending DaveS' assertion after y'all dogpiled him.  I have NEVER seen you or anyone else stick up for another person on this site when the vendor topic came up, and I've seen it come up often.  We even had a member, who I believe was even a benefactor at the time, get lumped up for selling knives here because he was making a side business out of it.  I didn't see you coming after those who outed him, so why go after DaveS for this? 

You don't have to answer that last one Robert.  I realize you wouldn't give me a straight answer anyway, but I know the answer and so does everyone else reading this.

Once again, the guy who claims to hate personal attacks engages in the snippy remarks.

I will answer it for you though...I probably didn't "stick up for another person on this site when the vendor topic came up" because I was never involved in the "vendor topic" threads you are referring to. 

And I was being a good little neighborhood thread watch captain like Zman. Observe and report, observe and report. After all, you yourself said we should all be proactive in our "community's" Did you not? Or was that your sidekick Robert?

Dave

That was my sidekick Robert. And you disagreed, like your sidekicks Al and Jesse. :)

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 1

Once again, the guy who claims to hate personal attacks engages in the snippy remarks.

I will answer it for you though...I probably didn't "stick up for another person on this site when the vendor topic came up" because I was never involved in the "vendor topic" threads you are referring to.

Well I'm sorry that you took it as a personal attack Robert, but the fact is you haven't given me a straight answer from the first post I made regarding the subject, so I take it to mean that I won't get one and the reason why is because you know that you're judgement is clouded by your bias, or you just lack the ability to admit that you're wrong. You refuse to acknowledge the scenario I posted. You refuse to acknowledge that another member called DaveS a bully just because he brought it up. You refuse to acknowledge that there is a precedent set for all of this.

Like I said, I have no beef with the OP. He can do whatever he thinks he can get away with. My beef, once again, is the targeted behavior by a member to passive-aggressively attack other members with impunity while you stick up for him. You're on the wrong side of this argument. Come on over to my side. The weather is nicer.

That dude left as he fully intended to after the trial and getting your money, and here we are arguing over the dude. He'd been worth it had he stuck around. But nope, there's no market for him now. I only care because I was one of the one's that got threw under the bus by one of the poster's on this thread for mentioning having something for sale without the proper membership. I just want other people held to the same standards that ya'll held me too. Fair is fair here buddy!

Dave

Edited by DaveS

That dude left as he fully intended to after the trial and getting your money, and here we are arguing over the dude. He'd been worth it had he stuck around. But nope, there's no market for him now. I only care because I was one of the one's that got threw under the bus by one of the poster's on this thread for mentioning having something for sale without the proper membership. I just want other people held to the same standards that ya'll held me too. Fair is fair here buddy!

Dave

I guess that was me. I was just worried about stopping the thread in its tracks, which happened BTW. Water under the bridge now.

Dave

Of course he left; he was here to post his insight into the trial...the trial is over (not that anyone seems willing to stop rehashing it!`).

You weren't "thrown under the bus"; it was pointed out that you were one of the very few people who voiced a problem with Andrew posting here.

There is one and only one proscribed way to handle issues like you seem/seemed to have with Andrew and that is to report it to David and/or the mods and let them handle it...that's what they are there for.  I don't know who if anyone actually made the report (I'm pretty sure you said, at one time that you had) and apparently Mike did as well but Andrew kept posting pretty much right through the last day of testimony so I guess they didn't have a problem with it.

You weren't "thrown under the bus"; it was pointed out that you were one

Please go back a page or two and re-read what I posted. I said, I will say again, I was thrown under the bus, because I mentioned in a thread that I had something for sale. Go on, re-read it. Maybe you'll get it right the second time around Robert.

Dave

Please go back a page or two and re-read what I posted. I said, I will say again, I was thrown under the bus, because I mentioned in a thread that I had something for sale. Go on, re-read it. Maybe you'll get it right the second time around Robert.

Dave

Well tell you what; just like you asked for links anytime someone disagreed with you, how about you tell me which of these 625 posts in this thread you are talking about because that's the only way I'll know which post you are talking about.