Has Zimmerman Waived His Right to a Pre-Trial "Stand-Your-Ground" Hearing?

Guest Law of Self Defense

Everyone knew it was a temporary, short-lived "quid pro quo" situation, which is why it was tolerated by the vast majority of folks, only the most vehement of the vehement of J4T supporter(s) couldn't seem to tolerate it ...

But what ever.
  • Like 1

Good grief man, he littered those posts with nothing but links to other websites. Did you lose them all?

Yes, links to an analysis by him and other attorneys who was following every minute of the trial and testimony and linksto the live trial feed itself.

I not sure why that was such a problem for a very small group of people...maybe being privy to the facts, testimony, evidence, analysis and live feed is a bad thing for those who would rather theorize and what-if this thing to death.  :shrug:

Edited by RobertNashville

I'm not sure anyone "bullied" Andrew to leave the thread. I personally felt he should be held to the same standards as the rest of the members here on TGO in regards to advertising and selling on the posts. Want to sell commercially, be a "vendor". Want to sell privately? Be a "Benifactor". Some folks here who are defending him selling his books or other services on these forums, are the very first ones to confront a new member of TGO about TGO's policy on selling, and not being permitted to list items for sale in their posts or have direct links to those items for sale. How's that old saying go? "What's good for the goose is good for the gander". He's a lawyer, part of a law firm, and could pay his way as well as the fine Lawyers who pay to be a "vendor" here. But I don't think "bully" is the correct term here.

DaveS

Perhaps you need to go back and re-read some of your posts to him...you seemed intent on arguing points and pushing a point of view that had already been covered and disproved in court.

Yes, links to an analysis by him and other attorneys who was following every minute of the trial and testimony and linksto the live trial feed itself.

I not sure why that was such a problem for a very small group of people...maybe being privy to the facts, testimony, evidence, analysis and live feed is a bad thing for those who would rather theorize and what-if this thing to death. :shrug:

Yes, he did all that and then, after pages upon pages of it he conveniently introduced his book for sale.

I can recall at least one incident where a guy came here, offered up his professional opinion on training and tactics as he was a firearms instructor of some kind. After offering well thought out professional opinions related to his career, he then throws out classes he instructs. That was immediately met "we have vendors here that pay for advertisement" type posts.

Please explain to me how this is different other than this guy supporting the opinions of 95% of the people here regarding this case? You're allowing your feelings and emotion in this case cloud your judgment and objectiveness.
  • Like 1

I not sure why that was such a problem for a very small group of people...maybe being privy to the facts, testimony, evidence, analysis and live feed is a bad thing for those who would rather theorize and what-if this thing to death.  :shrug:

I think I can name a couple of folks that didn't follow any of the nuisance links.

• Like 1

Yes, he did all that and then, after pages upon pages of it he conveniently introduced his book for sale.

I can recall at least one incident where a guy came here, offered up his professional opinion on training and tactics as he was a firearms instructor of some kind. After offering well thought out professional opinions related to his career, he then throws out classes he instructs. That was immediately met "we have vendors here that pay for advertisement" type posts.

Please explain to me how this is different other than this guy supporting the opinions of 95% of the people here regarding this case? You're allowing your feelings and emotion in this case cloud your judgment and objectiveness.

I see nothing wrong with introducing the second printing of a very good book.  In any case, it isn't my place to explain anything to you.

Anyone who had a problem with Andrew's posts should have brought it to the attention of David or one of the moderators (I'm pretty sure at least one person said he did that) - since Andrew was allowed to continue posting after that person said he had complained I guess David didn't have a problem with his posting here (or the person who said he had complained lied about doing so)

If you want an explanation, then you need to ask David.

[

Not looking for an explanation, I was simply pointing out the hypocrisy in your post. You can justify it any which way you want, but the fact is this is no different than the case I cited. If you can't see through your bias to digest that it makes me sad for you.

I see nothing wrong with introducing the second printing of a very good book.  In any case, it isn't my place to explain anything to you.

Anyone who had a problem with Andrew's posts should have brought it to the attention of David or one of the moderators (I'm pretty sure at least one person said he did that) - since Andrew was allowed to continue posting after that person said he had complained I guess David didn't have a problem with his posting here (or the person who said he had complained lied about doing so)

Andrew and I exchanged PM's early on about promoting his book. I told him he would catch hell for promoting the book without vendor status. He even posted some promotional info in one post due to a cut and paste error, and then edited it after it was posted. I valued his input. For those that are on the liberal side of this issue, I'm sure his contribution was worthless. I appreciated it... a lot. He is an expert in the field, and did a helluva job with the analysis.

• Like 2

Every time I went to his site (and some of his TGO posts) book for sale and trial transcripts for 3.99 (if I remember correctly).

If he wants to play, he's gots to pay! Just like you and I. I also remember a young man whom joined TGO about a month ago, and his second or third post (might of been his first) listed some reloading equipment for sale. He got his azz nailed to the wall by some of the same people here, because he wasn't a benefactor, and was selling something. Rules are rules. Same thing when I accidently mentioned selling something. I got shut down in a heart beat!

Dave

Edited by DaveS

Not looking for an explanation, I was simply pointing out the hypocrisy in your post. You can justify it any which way you want, but the fact is this is no different than the case I cited. If you can't see through your bias to digest that it makes me sad for you.

This one was pretty gray. You had a lawyer bringing lots of expertise to the hottest topic on TGO. He was careful to keep any direct promotion off the site until the end. Who knows if that last post was another cut and paste error, or a hail mary because of the end of the trial. That's why I reported it. It was up to David to either make an exception, or crack down. Who knows where it went from there. All we know is that Andrew stopped posting... some justice for Trayvon :).

Anyway, it was gray (IMO) because that book kickoff didn't compete with any vendor on this site. But, it's not my decision. My guess is that david would have stuck to the letter of the vendor rules. 

• Like 1

Every time I went to his site (and some of his TGO posts) book for sale and trial transcripts for 3.99 (if I remember correctly).

If he wants to play, he's gots to pay! Just like you and I.

Dave

Damn dude. Go to the mouse store. They're 20 bucks. :)

BTW... TGO David's call. Not yours.

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 1

If he wants to play, he's gots to pay! Just like you and I.

Dave

So, according to you, he shouldn't have promoted his book on his own sight either...Sure, that makes sense. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Not looking for an explanation...

Really?

Sorry but the batteries in my mind-reading device are low so maybe next time if you don't want an explanation you should avoid saying things like this...

...Please explain to me how this is different other than this guy supporting the opinions of 95% of the people here regarding this case?

Edited by RobertNashville

Damn dude. Go to the mouse store. They're 20 bucks. :)

BTW... TGO David's call. Not yours.

Damn dude my azz....why should I go to a mouse store. Mine seems to be working just fine, whether I edit or I don't. What else are ya'll going to find to whine about?

I'm your Huckleberry

DS

Guest Lester Weevils

I liked reading the fella's posts. It did seem commercial and self-promoting, but he kept it in a single thread anyway. Didn't splatter his self-promotion into every Z thread, all 99 quadrillion of them. :)

Damn dude my azz....why should I go to a mouse store. Mine seems to be working just fine, whether I edit or I don't. What else are ya'll going to find to whine about?

I'm your Huckleberry

DS

If no one else is having the problem that should tell you something.  :shrug:

Whether it's your mouse of something else, it's not difficult to edit posts before posting (or after for that matter).