If you have toddlers and a pool check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI_XzNfxjlY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=Q6XxouRmGao&NR=1

This is some amazing stuff. These kids are remaining calm and righting themselves. Then they remain in that position and scream for help.

Might want to look into this if you have young children. Imagine the kids that would be saved every year.

Dolomite

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We had our 1.5 year old in lessons last year. They don't really learn to swim but i believe it's good. We'll continue them until he's a great swimmer. We go to my sister's pool almost every weekend they're gonna be good swimmers if I can help it.

I've heard infants would do like the video. But ain't no way I'd be willing to try. I got balls and all that but what if "they" are wrong?
My son also had a fibril seizure and aspirated in May last year. My wife was at the store and I was home alone, I was about to start CPR but decided I needed help at least to call 911 and I won't ever forget running next door with his limp, lifeless, body. I got his airway cleared when I got there and he recovered fine after an ambulance ride and an overnight Hosp visit. It was scary and expensive. Drowning didn't look great. Don't reckon my kids will be getting tossed in the pool. But hey if they react like the video in an accident they don't need tossin'

We took our kids when they were babies and taught them to swim. You just blow in their face and push them through like a torpedo and they will hold their breath and pop up smiling. Heck, they spent their first 9 months swimming. The earlier you start the easier it is to teach them.

Our daughter took to the water fast, she was Swimming before her 2nd birthday. Our son does not like the water as much but he can right himself and remain calm. I think with a little work he will be swimming soon. I think all kids should be exposed to water at a very early age. I grew up on the water and it is a pretty big part of our family so I feel strongly about water safety and learning to swim at an early age.