Rape Victim Testifies For Concealed Carry On Campus

Testimony given by Amanda Collins before the Colorado State Legislature in support of Concealed Carry on Campus. As a rape victim she knows all too well how defenseless a person can be when confronted in this type of situation. The response by the State Senator near the end of the video shows how incredulous the antis can be in dealing with this subject.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl0MS7Z-Sjc

Liberals need mental help. Anyone who can sit across from a rape survivor and say something like that deserves to suffer the same fate. Don't talk about things you know nothing about. I hope Colorado revolts and sends everyone of the pieces of crap to the unemployment line or worse. Worse is perfectly fine with me.

• Like 1

I can't believe that REPUBLICAN State Sen Ted Harvey actually said that "what we are trying to do here tonight is protect students and teachers from feeling uncomfortable by you carrying a gun to protect yourself".

I no longer have any patience with idiotic statements like this.

• Like 1

You have to look at it in the full context of what he was saying. He was being sarcastic and basically saying "the whole purpose of this crap is to make liberals feel warm and fuzzy even if that costs you the ability to defend yourself". That's why he said he was sorry to her.

I can't believe that REPUBLICAN State Sen Ted Harvey actually said that "what we are trying to do here tonight is protect students and teachers from feeling uncomfortable by you carrying a gun to protect yourself".

I no longer have any patience with idiotic statements like this.

• Like 1

You have to look at it in the full context of what he was saying. He was being sarcastic and basically saying "the whole purpose of this crap is to make liberals feel warm and fuzzy even if that costs you the ability to defend yourself". That's why he said he was sorry to her.

I guess that's what I get for trying to fast forward through it.  :doh:

Thanks for 'splainin' it to me. :cheers:

Edited by daddyo
  • Like 1

THIS time I watched the entire video and understand the context behind Sen. Harvey's remarks.

Sen Hudak is very typical of the liberal who "cares about people". Couldn't you hear the "caring" tone in her voice? She is such a "caring" person that she thought it appropriate to lecture a rape victim about how a gun is not the answer.

How can you get any more compassionate than that?  :screwy:

• Like 1

Something I've never understood about using a statistic like that.  If you as an adult make the decision to carry, and some criminal manages to use that pistol to harm you, isn't that your choice?  That decision is on me if it's the wrong one.   It's maddening that people like this senator think they know better than you do how you should live your life.

Exactly...People with a superiority complex believe they deserve power. Unbridled, unrestricted power. 

Exactly...People with a superiority complex believe they deserve power. Unbridled, unrestricted power. 

Well duh. In any case I don't believe that they should be telling people what they should or should not do in regards to personal protection.

• Like 1
Guest 270win

I watched the video and feel so sorry for the girl.

It is despicable that some loser politician feels the need to keep people from protecting themselves from the scum of the earth.  These same politicians cry out for criminals' rights and are the reason it takes 20 years to burn one in the electric chair instead of the pre 1970's at most few years.

Be a victor non a victim. 

We need to get the message to Nashville to some the stupid crap and legalize permits in schools.  If it worked fine in TN when people had special deputy cards as permits, why would it not work now?  What has caused people to suddenly go crazy in the last twenty years that they can't be trusted carrying at a school when in the past they could?  Something to think about and mention to the scumbags we have in the legislature.