Vacation Idea?

BigK

The bumper sticker on my truck that says it all: "The hardest thing about the Zombie Apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited."

Like I recently told a friend, I'd sign up for a 2 week zombie infestation given that:

1) slow zombies only (them rage zombies scare the #### out of me),

2) a 6 month head start to get in shape (cardio is going to be important),

3) I want a gun-friendly administration for the year leading up, so I can economically stock up on guns/ammo (I can always make catch-up 401k contributions later)

4) Taco Bell and Chick-fil-A are zombie-free zones (I don't wanna waste valuable zombie killing time to scavenge for food)

Oooh, maybe a Disney-esque vacation spot for rednecks or a Six Flags Over Zombieland where we can kill zeds all day and sleep/shower in a 2 star hotel at night? I know it's just a dream, but how cool would that be?

If you could be on the planning board of the zombie vacation land, what would you want included?

If I was doing it vacation style? Guns and ammo half price, stand by Helicopter exfiltration and CSAR unit in case I get in a bad situation, and group rate discounts so I could go in with a team
  • Like 1

The bumper sticker on my truck that says it all: "The hardest thing about the Zombie Apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited."

Like I recently told a friend, I'd sign up for a 2 week zombie infestation given that:

2) a 6 month head start to get in shape (cardio is going to be important),

3) I want a gun-friendly administration for the year leading up, so I can economically stock up on guns/ammo (I can always make catch-up 401k contributions later)

4) Taco Bell and Chick-fil-A are zombie-free zones (I don't wanna waste valuable zombie killing time to scavenge for food)

Oooh, maybe a Disney-esque vacation spot for rednecks or a Six Flags Over Zombieland where we can kill zeds all day and sleep/shower in a 2 star hotel at night? I know it's just a dream, but how cool would that be?

If you could be on the planning board of the zombie vacation land, what would you want included?

Throw in a pro-shop with selection of unlimited cans (don't want to attract unneeded attention) and a slew of subsonic options; a fortified homebase area with catering, live streaming webcast of the action; and strategically placed Krystals for snackage.

I'm definitely down with group rates, loaner Class III weapons/accessories, and Krystals. The streaming video is the best idea yet. That's a brilliant marketing idea. Who wouldn't want to post zombie kill of the week on YouTube?

The "no dying / getting bit guarantee" goes against the whole spirit of things. That's like Internet hunting w/ a remote controlled rifle or video games. I was thinking more along the lines of forcing vacationers to sign a "you lose and you become part of the next guy's vacation package" waiver, LOL.
  • Like 1

You can practice for the apocalypse at Guthrie's Redneck Zombie Paintball every October at Guthrie's farm in Riceville TN.  Look it up on the web. I volunteered loading guns for them last year and loaded over 50,000 paintballs in one evening.  It's dark, so you walk them in like tracers on a Russian tank.

I want one of those bumper stickers. It's the absolute truth.

I don't need/want any stipulations. I'm more than willing to take my chances and live with......err uh UNlive with any consequences of poor judgement on my part.

Well......can I make one last run to the liquor store before it starts?

This would be awesome! I hadn't even thought of number four before now but it would so much better with tacos and chicken

So i've thought about this "vacation" and I think i've come up with a pretty good scenario.

Instead of open world apoc... I think the best way to simulate this would be in a closed environment. For the gamers out there I mean Left 4 Dead style.

Create an enclosed, linear but somewhat spacious scenario with goals such as "get to the farm house" or "make it to the military base" with some type of quarantined zone in between. Weapons have actual report but do not fire a projectile.. so blanks and lasers. Zombie actors wear suits which indicate to them when they've been hit. Survivors must gather certain supplies along the way but they will be limited. Not sure how you would do melee unfortunately as carrying a nerf axe etc. just wouldn't feel right... plus you'd have people beating the hell outta some poor guy in a panic.

You could culminate it at the end with a pickup by a humvee column and the survivors get to man the 50's as they roll out through the final stretch of the course.

Or.... we could all do the zombie 5k  http://www.runforyourlives.com/

I would be down for that. 

Realistically though:

They have several Zombie Themed Paintball Parks throughout the year. I keep wanting to go to one, but they are stupid expensive. Part of being a zombie prepper is the whole cheapass aspect, y'know?

I like the Left4Dead idea, buy and old abandoned mall or something. I think it could be a lucrative idea right now, with the way zombies have become mainstream. Paintball would be the cheapest and easiest option.

So i've thought about this "vacation" and I think i've come up with a pretty good scenario.

Instead of open world apoc... I think the best way to simulate this would be in a closed environment. For the gamers out there I mean Left 4 Dead style.

Create an enclosed, linear but somewhat spacious scenario with goals such as "get to the farm house" or "make it to the military base" with some type of quarantined zone in between. Weapons have actual report but do not fire a projectile.. so blanks and lasers. Zombie actors wear suits which indicate to them when they've been hit. Survivors must gather certain supplies along the way but they will be limited. Not sure how you would do melee unfortunately as carrying a nerf axe etc. just wouldn't feel right... plus you'd have people beating the hell outta some poor guy in a panic.

Zombie actors lack the motivation of the real thing, for both the actor and the shooter. In the back of my mind I know they won't eat me and in the back of the actor's mind they know that even if they don't catch you, they still a lunch break every 4 hours, LOL.

Zombie actors lack the motivation of the real thing, for both the actor and the shooter. In the back of my mind I know they won't eat me and in the back of the actor's mind they know that even if they don't catch you, they still a lunch break every 4 hours, LOL.

oh I know, but the likelihood of us getting an ACTUAL 2 week zombie outbreak without danger of permanent disfigurement are pretty low. so I opt'd for the "close enough" scenario. :)
If you keep taco bell and chikfila around your kinda defeating the purpose of that getting in shape time huh? Can you imagine running from a horde of undead with a stomach full of taco's and mountain dew? Better have some pepto or immodium in your bug out bag

Subway for me

oh I know, but the likelihood of us getting an ACTUAL 2 week zombie outbreak without danger of permanent disfigurement are pretty low. so I opt'd for the "close enough" scenario. :)

Why you gotta be stompin on my dreams, huh? I'm reachin for the stars here. I ain't settlin for nothin less.

If you keep taco bell and chikfila around your kinda defeating the purpose of that getting in shape time huh? Can you imagine running from a horde of undead with a stomach full of taco's and mountain dew? Better have some pepto or immodium in your bug out bag
Subway for me

You make a very good point there, Jared. 5-layer burritos don't jog, like turkey on wheat.
  • Like 1

Why you gotta be stompin on my dreams, huh? I'm reachin for the stars here. I ain't settlin for nothin less.

Ok, lets build the scenario. A disease hits globally that causes teeth and nails to fall off. Only 2A guys are immune because of their increased endorphine levels. Liberal zombies stick mostly to coffee shops and malls.

Unlike 28 days later, the zombies rot and fall apart after 2 weeks.

Oh, and since we're dreaming, we have a functional pro 2a government... so society continues on without all the silly nannies.

Ok, lets build the scenario. A disease hits globally that causes teeth and nails to fall off. Only 2A guys are immune because of their increased endorphine levels. Liberal zombies stick mostly to coffee shops and malls.

Unlike 28 days later, the zombies rot and fall apart after 2 weeks.

Oh, and since we're dreaming, we have a functional pro 2a government... so society continues on without all the silly nannies.

Welcome aboard, man. Now we're talking!

...and when a zombie dies they disintegrate leaving an ammo cache behind.

ooh, and you can bait them with copies of The Contributor and mow down whole herds of them at electric car dealerships. Edited by BigK

Welcome aboard, man. Now we're talking!

...and when a zombie dies they disintegrate leaving an ammo cache behind.

ooh, and you can bait them with copies of The Contributor and mow down whole herds of them at electric car dealerships.

Drive into centenial park during one of the craft fairs in a Ford Raptor with a reinforced bumper. 10 points if the zombie has a scarf. 20 if they're carrying a starbucks cup. 150 if you find the one that bought a didgeridoo.

• 1 month later...