CZ75B conversion to SA (single action)?

Has anyone physically done this themselves and just what does it take?  From reading forums it appears that most any CZ non-decocker model can easily be converted to SA, but to enjoy the advantages a new trigger, hammer and sear may be necessary.  Anyone? 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sort of. 

I have 2 SAO "75s": a rami and a kadet.  

the bulk of the work was done by CZ-USA but I tore them apart and took a look & polish & tweak at it after they came back.  They did the work because we bought the guns from them; if we had just wanted the work done I would have done it & bought parts.

It looks like all they did was replace parts, from memory I think it was hammer, sear, trigger, and maybe linkage?

Seems like a simple buy parts, tear apart, put back together.  It was moderately, but not insanely, difficult to get the parts back in there; there is one annoying spring (isnt there always?) to deal with in the trigger group.

The result is a "glock" type trigger.  That is, its SAO but there is a mushy pretravel that cannot be eliminated because it needs to travel back that far to reset.  If you tweak it down to 1911 type trigger, it won't reset at all.   The pre-travel is pure do-nothign spring and can be staged, again just like a glock.   The trigger is lighter and nicer than the sloppy SA pull of the original DA/SA setup.  My wife uses the kadet for serious .22 shooting, and once she learned to stage the trigger, can shoot a very clean group at 25 yards with it.   I dislike the result for use as a target pistol, but am ok with the way the rami turned out (which is exactly the same thing) as a defense pistol with a comfortable, but not hair, trigger.

Edited by Jonnin

The two 75s I had years ago were moderately hard to tear apart because mainly of old design and pins that had to be hammered apart.  However, it wasn't difficult.  I replaced the recurve trigger shoes with 85 trigger shoes which were less extreme.  It is just been a long while since I tore one apart and a friend who has a 75 wants me to convert it so I am checking on it.  Cajun Gun Works has parts with an adjustable sear. They even have a short reset kit.

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=43435.0

Looks like: remove disconnector, install SA trigger, remove firing pin block, install CGW race hammer and adjustable sear. approx 160.00 in parts minus springs and pin(s)

To get the absolute BEST SA trigger:

Remove the disconnector from the hammer

Install a SA trigger with pre and over travel adjustment (I prefer the CZCustom Flat Aluminum trigger)

Remove the firing pin block from the slide

Install a CZ Custom Competition Hammer or the new CGW Race Hammer 

And finally, do one of these four things:
1. Grind down the firing pin block lifter in the sear cage
2. Replace the firing pin block lifter with bushing made by CZCustom
3. Install an 85 Combat sear
4. Install a CGW adjustable sear

These parts combined with a little polishing, and you won't even think you're shooting the same gun.  Total investment: $125 or so and up, depending on options.