Lifelock 400 @ Chicagoland

Is there anyone better than Kyle Busch right now? He sure made getting around Jimmy Johnson look easy! I have not been a Kyle Busch fan but he doesn't seem to be the "Little Prick" that he used to be. He's one hellava driver. Like him or not I have to admit that fact.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GLOCKGUY
Is there anyone better than Kyle Busch right now? He sure made getting around Jimmy Johnson look easy! I have not been a Kyle Busch fan but he doesn't seem to be the "Little Prick" that he used to be. He's one hellava driver. Like him or not I have to admit that fact.

what do you mean hes a bigger prick this year then he has ever been

He reminds me of Darrell Waltrip back in the 80's . . . Darrell was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO disliked because of his snotty attitude that it took him 10 years and lots of losses in the Western Auto car before people started liking him again.

I just think that Joe Gibbs is having a positive effect on him. I agree with the comparison with DW. I don't know if Busch can win over the fans like DW was able to do but we will see. I also think that he is a little like Jeff Gordon was. Jeff burst on the scene and kicked everybodys butt and no one like him beating their driver so they hated Gordon.

You are right about Joe Gibbs having a positive effect on him; I am sure in time that Joe will teach Kyle the "finer points" of public relations.

Now if Joe would help Tony's car to be as good as Kyle's . . . I'd like for him to get at least one win this season.

Guest GLOCKGUY
I don't like the little bastard at all, but I do respect his abilities. He can sure wheel a car....

i have to agree i really dont like him but he has alot of talent

Now if Joe would help Tony's car to be as good as Kyle's . . . I'd like for him to get at least one win this season.

That won't happen. That's why Tony decided to put together 'Stewart-Haas Racing'. Tony is tired of leaving it up to everyone else. This way, as the car owner and driver, he's the boss all the way around. I guess we'll see what happens in '09.

Owner/drivers almost never have the success that they have as only a driver. Even Dale Earnhardt was smart enough to not be a driver for his own team. He stayed with RCR. DW had very limited success as owner/driver. Ricky Rudd, Geoff Bodine, Robby Gordon, Mike Waltrip. Alan Kulwicki had the best run as an owner/driver than anyone when he won a championship in 1992.

We will have to wait to see how well Tony does but I am afraid that his best days as a driver will be behind him once he leaves Gibbs.

Edited by Volzfan
Guest TNDixieGirl
what do you mean hes a bigger prick this year then he has ever been

I agree with that. Driving skill? Yes. People skills? None.

Guest db99wj
Some of those guys can make a helluva left turn.

:love:

Hey, they do make a slight right turn when the come out of a their pit area..... :D

:drama: <---Get your own!!!:lol: