Best Camo Pattern for Tennessee

Guest K71BL

Guest K71BL
Well i believe you read that i like to look pretty and it sounds as if this guy does too so i wouldnt put the ghilli suit past him. He would certanly look badass.

Hey, Hey . . . . easy on the pretty boy stuff there . . . I resemble that remark :koolaid:.

The Ghillie suit would be toooooooo hot for around here. I like Jack's idea of a blanket/netting with area foliage.

I was more interested in a BDU camo setup. I'm a pretty hard-core MultiCam guy, but saw some German Flectarn that prompted my original question.

Cheers

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

multicam is the new army pattern. they are changing again in the fairly near future.

Thats news to me. I didnt think they would get rid of acu for another 15 years. ACU does its job if you know how to use concealment, But Multicam is a far superior cammo.

Flectarn and marpat also works great in tennessee during its reaner seasons.

During the winter i tried somthing out that worked well with the fading colors. Its ACU dipped in some tea or coffee then cold washed with no soap to give it a more natual color.

Guest airbornefox
multicam is the new army pattern. they are changing again in the fairly near future.

2011 I believe :) . Pray they get rid of velcro! :rolleyes:

Guest airbornefox

If they go with a digital style rather than the old BDU format on the multicam, it would kick a$$! Don't get me wrong, ACU actually does work in blending into an enviroment. Its just all the :x: velcro that they put on. Its noisy and if you get dirt in it ya have to use a toothbrush to clean it out. Thats why I like MARPAT because it all button and sew on, no velcro.

Guest Taurus Pro

Ok

Here is a rundown on Camo in my opinion:

Now to start let me tell you that i have been playing Airsoft for well over 9 years and have used just about every camo out there,With that being said never use Multi Cam It is so easy to pick out in the woods of Tennessee, I cannot count how many times i have seen a guy running through the woods with multi cam on and i have shot them every time.

Now As for the the woods of Tennessee you can pick one of these patterns that work well Ecept a couple.

1st. Regular Olive Drab works well in deep woods but stands out when you hit a clearing.

2nd. Army Woodland Camo works great in heavy and in sparse areas but again can stand out when you get into a clearing.

3rd. Marine Pattern ( MARPAT ) is great in any woodland setting and still hard to spot when you come to a clearing.

4th. ACU Army Combat Uniform is the worst camo ever made , in my opinion it only works good in a gravel pit.

5th. The New airforce Tiger stripe is almost like the ACU Color but looks pinkish.

6th. Real Tree is a great all around camo, I have found that it works great in any setting except Desert.

These are only my opinions and should be taken as such Just Opinions

Also to Airborne's Marpat Velcro , The new Proper Brand has all that velcro on it. How do i know you ask , i have 3 sets lol

Thanks

FullMetal

Edited by Taurus Pro

I would opt for a hat with your favorite NASCAR driver number on it and a tee shirt that says "I'm With Stupid!". You will, with a pair of well worn jeans or cargo shorts, for summer, be able to move freely in all three grand divisions of the Great State of Tennesse without drawing attention to yourself.

For hunting, I would take the adivse of those previously given.

Guest K71BL

WOW . . . I appreciate the input. Don't know where to land on my choice, but . . . . .

got some good info to chew on.

BTW . . . is a digital multicam even possible? I thought the original has around 150 different layers of color and fades going through it, how is digital going to pull that off? Sounds cool . . . . guess I'll have to wait and see.

Thanks again for the opinions.