Best Camo Pattern for Tennessee

Guest K71BL

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sling

I always found the woodland or tropical MARPAT to work well when i'm out in the woods or in a field. The German Fleck does very well too.

Guest GUTTERbOY

I buy whatever I can find a good price on. I'm not convinced that the difference in patterns make that big of a difference for most hunting applications. Hell, I don't even make an effort to match patterns. I've got stuff in MOBU, Realtree Hardwoods, and Advantage Timber.

I do think that the disruptive patterns are probably some of the most flexible ones out there, provided they're colored at least somewhat like the local vegetation.

+1 for the Buckthorn. BTW is there really a difference in patterns in the woods (I know marsh and woods are different for a obvious reasons)? I know some are probably more effective than others, but do the animals know that? Why wouldn't the Army use realtree or something similar if it is so much better, other than cost reasons?

Guest airbornefox
I always found the woodland or tropical MARPAT to work well when i'm out in the woods or in a field. The German Fleck does very well too.

Yeah, I'd have to agree with ya, they seem to work pretty good in this area. Wish the Army would have the options the Marines got on there uniforms.

Guest K71BL

Thanks for the help guys. I'd go with the orange and budweiser, but . .. I'm originally from Nebraska and moving from Big Red to orange, just hasn't worked for me (although I'd have to admit, that Big Red is pretty much a faded color these days). Besides that, I'm a beer snob. No Bud for this guy!:)

I'm making a sniper rig and wanted something to blend in with the environment around middle Tennessee. Will do some hunting with it, but am not a big fan of the hunting camo. Iprefer military instead. Just didn't know if there was a particular pattern that worked best for this area.

Thank for the help:up:

Oh I'd love to see that. The Army switching to RealTree. Ahaha. I bet recruitment in the south would skyrocket.

Real Tree works great when your being still but once you start moving you tend to stand out. Hence the reason i asked his purpose of use before i ansewered his question on what is the best cammo.

I personaly believe in multicam. I have litteraly been stepped on wearing it and in one occasion i was taking a piss and someone walked up three feet from me to start there business and when i was finished and started to move you should have seen the guys face. He had no idea I was there.

Another option for you would be a Sage Green flightsuit and have a netting that has local foilage wrapped up in it. When you get in position you lay the net over you and and disapear.

Guest Verbal Kint

Another option for you would be a Sage Green flightsuit and have a netting that has local foilage wrapped up in it. When you get in position you lay the net over you and and disapear.

Ghillie suit, FTW. :)

Color%20Chart_LG.jpg

i didnt recomend a ghllisuit for the simple fact that he might get frustrated getting caught on random sticks and bushes. A ghilli blanket is much easier to travel with through thick stuff.

Edited by Jack
Guest Verbal Kint

I was joking. :koolaid:

Like you, I wouldn't recommend walking through the forest wearing one. The weight and heat alone would suck.

I was joking. :koolaid:

Like you, I wouldn't recommend walking through the forest wearing one. The weight and heat alone would suck.

Well i believe you read that i like to look pretty and it sounds as if this guy does too so i wouldnt put the ghilli suit past him. He would certanly look badass.