A CC Q for you guys...

Guest SingleStack45

Guest SingleStack45

I am currently a Florida resident with a Florida Concealed Carry License.

I hope to move to Tenn. in the next year or so...and here is what I am wondering...

1. Do I need to be a citizen of Tenn for a certain period of time before I can apply for the Tenn. Handgun Carry Permit...or could I apply whenever? (I seem to recall that state citizenship is required...right?)

2. If I have begun the process of establishing citizenship in Tenn. (ie: obtained a DL, gotten phone service, power service, established a mailing address etc)..can I carry on my Florida license in the meantime? (assuming that I have converted it to a Florida Non-Resident license with my correct Tenn. address)

I ask...in part because it seems like it could take quite awhile to obtain my Tenn. permit...and I have carried daily for over 15 years...and also like was said in another thread...crime is everywhere...even in small town Tenn.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BigPoppa is correct and also makes a GREAT point! you can, if I'm not mistaken, just get it transferred to Tn without taking the class, but taking the class is a good idea since much of it is aquainting you with Tn. Handgun Carry law.

oh..and here we don't have to carry concealed :)

it's a HANDGUN Carry Permit..not a Concealed Carry Permit.

I would still advocate Concealed carry 90% of the time, that's just common sense though. Some folks tend to act like an ass when they see a firearm :rolleyes:, for some reason and there's no reason to buy trouble or hassle when you don't need to.:)

Thanks TowerClimber. and you're right about carrying concealed. It really saves a lot of trouble. "Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD."

if I'm not mistaken, just get it transferred to Tn without taking the class, but taking the class is a good idea since much of it is aquainting you with Tn. Handgun Carry law.

Actually, he's going to have to take the class. Florida is one of the states that TDOS says their training requirement is not substantially similar to ours, so he'll have to take the HCP course......(I know a terrific HCP instructor :rolleyes: ) but he should only have to pay the $ 50.00 renewal fee and not the $ 115.

Edited by BigPoppa
Guest SingleStack45

Macon County area...

How difficult is it to become a HCP Instructor? I am an NRA Instructor...and am in the process of developing a concealed carry class in my current area. Here...the NRA certification is all I need...but as I understand it...there's more to it in Tn.